Specialty dining

So, I feel pretty stupid having to ask this question, but I need some clarification on the Specialty dining package, please.

Called in to make reservations for the specialty restaurants for our upcoming cruise. In accordance with the "free at sea" dining package, we have 3 meals each in a specialty restaurant. I received my confirmation of the reservations and it states, "You have selected a la carte specialty dining, charges for your selections will be added to your onboard account." So, does that mean that whatever we order in that restaurant will be charged against our account? If so, what is the purpose of the specialty dining package?

So, I feel pretty stupid having to ask this question, but I need some clarification on the Specialty dining package, please.

Called in to make reservations for the specialty restaurants for our upcoming cruise. In accordance with the "free at sea" dining package, we have 3 meals each in a specialty restaurant. I received my confirmation of the reservations and it states, "You have selected a la carte specialty dining, charges for your selections will be added to your onboard account." So, does that mean that whatever we order in that restaurant will be charged against our account? If so, what is the purpose of the specialty dining package?

I have no idea-you will give the waiter your ship card that shows you have the dining package and won't get charged unless you order an additional entrée.

The reservation just allows you to eat there. How you "pay" (whether using a SDP credit or not) is up to you. Suppose you aren't hungry that night and only have a few apps. You don't need to use a SDP credit for that. You can pay for just what you order and save the SDP for another night.

That is standard language, because a lot of people do not have the dining package. You will not be actually charged when you are on board.

So, does that mean that whatever we order in that restaurant will be charged against our account? If so, what is the purpose of the specialty dining package?

no

when you go there to eat, you order food like a normal restaurant. At the end of the meal, they will give you your bill. At the bottom of the bill, you will notice a 0 dollar balance due since the dinning package covered the cost.

The waiter will also explain what you can order on the dining plan. You are limited to one main entree, but can pay if you want another. I can't imagine being able to eat two entrees in these restaurants, but I guess some people used to do that on the old single-cover charge plans.

How does it work if u want to pay the extra and eat at Ocean Blue?

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French, Mexican and Italian restaurants across the fleet. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• The Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

How does it work if u want to pay the extra and eat at Ocean Blue?

When you are presented with the bill, tell your waiter to charge it to the SDP. Your waiter will bill you for the upcharge + tip on the upcharge.

when we were on the BA and Epic they asked us when we arrived if we were using our UDP?

To fix possible wrong info in your reservation (the automatic system marks packages there if one exists) and to make life of the waiters easier.