St Lucia Mud Baths

:) Can anyone reccomend and excursion to take us to the mud baths in St Lucia? I have a skin problem and was told this is good for me.. I looked online and they all seem to be $500 or more.. Seems like a lot for a ride to the mud bath

:) Can anyone reccomend and excursion to take us to the mud baths in St Lucia? I have a skin problem and was told this is good for me.. I looked online and they all seem to be $500 or more.. Seems like a lot for a ride to the mud bath

Also check the port of call forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=222

The tour we took a few years ago in St. Lucia had an option to go to the mud baths; a couple of people did while the rest of us went to the 'volcano'. Price was much less than $500--more like $50 pp for the whole tour.

I'm not sure if the time spent there would be long enough for you, though, probably was less than an hour, but the ones who did it enjoyed it. Wear something you don't mind getting muddy, and be prepared to look kind of muddy afterwards too!

"Joe knows" tours. I got three recommendations for them before I went to St Lucia. They took care of everything! We did them as a family and the tour guild JR was awesome. Google them - they are cruise critic recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would HIGHLY recommend contacting Spencer Ambrose for a tour in St. Lucia. I have been on 5 cruises all of the Caribbean and this was the best tour I have ever taken.

For any tour company, you are only at the mud baths for a short period of time You go to the mud baths and can get covered head to toe in the volcanic mud. Let it dry and then you can first go into a very, very hot pool to rinse off the mud if you want. It is extremely hot when you first get in but then once you get used to it, it feels great. Finally, you can go to a fresh water shower to rinse off whatever you couldn't get off in the pool.

I also recommend Spencer Ambrose for a tour that includes the mud bath. They offer that option on their "Land, Sea, and Beach" tour. We've done two tours with Spencer Ambrose and I have to say that they've provided the best "tours" we've done while on a cruise. On our last visit to St. Lucia we did their "Land, Sea, and Beach". We opted for the volcano, so I have no personal experience with the mud baths. And the price was a lot less than $500.