CPP Platinum for cost of Standard for 4Star Mariners?

RMLincoln

Last year when we were 3 Star Mariners and made a booking our PCC mentioned that when we make 4 Star we could get HAL's Platinum Cancellation Coverage for the cost of the Standard coverage.

I asked our PCC about this recently as we are considering a booking, and we are now 4 Star, but I was told, no they don't do that. I know I didn't make this up, but I've not seen it listed in the Mariners benefits so I think now that the PCC may have made a mistake.

But not being up on these things, I'm asking for the experiences of CCers. Thanks, m--

Last year when we were 3 Star Mariners and made a booking our PCC mentioned that when we make 4 Star we could get HAL's Platinum Cancellation Coverage for the cost of the Standard coverage.

I asked our PCC about this recently as we are considering a booking, and we are now 4 Star, but I was told, no they don't do that. I know I didn't make this up, but I've not seen it listed in the Mariners benefits so I think now that the PCC may have made a mistake.

But not being up on these things, I'm asking for the experiences of CCers. Thanks, m--

Not aware of any cancellation benefits for any Mariners. We're 5* and get none. We use our CC for our insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not aware of any cancellation benefits for any Mariners. We're 5* and get none. We use our CC for our insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of such a discount, and that includes on my last cruise when I did purchase the CPP.

Thanks for the quick confirmation, I appreciate your help. We'll move forward from here. m--

Your PCC may be thinking of Princess who offers their better travel insurance to higher levels of their loyalty program at the same price as the lesser coverage. However, it seems strange that a HAL rep would confuse the two. :confused:

Your PCC may be thinking of Princess who offers their better travel insurance to higher levels of their loyalty program at the same price as the lesser coverage. However, it seems strange that a HAL rep would confuse the two. :confused:

I don't think "strange" adequately describes it - "pathetic" is more apt.

Hmmm... Makes me wonder if some Seattle staff are taking calls for both

I've never heard of such a discount, and that includes on my last cruise when I did purchase the CPP.

I also have not heard of a discount. , when I booked my upcoming cruise, my PCC asked if I wanted HAL insurance and he made no menttion of any 5 ** discount.. I don't buy that anyway as iIt is cruise CANCELLATION COVERAGE AND not travel insurance. I want more than #10,000 in medic al bill coverage . that is a ridiculously low amount. I have 3rd party insurance.

Under my circumstances at the time, the HAL CPP, plus a separate medical/repatriation only policy, was precisely what I needed for that trip.

Everybody's situation is different, and for most of us, our situation can be different at different times. The CPP is nice to have available when warranted.

Under my circumstances at the time, the HAL CPP, plus a separate medical/repatriation only policy, was precisely what I needed for that trip.

Everybody's situation is different, and for most of us, our situation can be different at different times. The CPP is nice to have available when warranted.

Exactly Ruth! As usual you are bang on. Thee is no one-size fits all.

Peoples' needs can vary with time and for different types of cruise travel. We usually self-insure our travels for cancellation, baggage etc, but we always carry evacuation and medical coverage from a third party. Last year we decided to carry additional coverage, the Platinum CPP for cancel for any reason coverage at 90%, plus some additional evacuation/ medical/ and return you to home coverage because the South Pacific is very far away from our neck of the woods.

Now we will likely be back to our minimal coverage but I was still curious (and a tiny bit irritated) about what I'm quite sure I was told, apparently in error. Oh well, that's behind us now and we are moving forward with our plans.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences with me. m--

The risk of loss of cost of the c ruise due to cancellation is a known amount of money. The possbility of medical bills for accident or illness outside the counttry (where medicare will not usaully pay is a n unknown amount. I would not like to lose the price of the cruise but I know the exposure to which I am subjecting myself. I cannot know how much money I could be risking by not having adequate medical insurance. I am not willing to take that rsk. Each decides for themselves, per their circumstances, as you say. I can afford to lose the price o f the cruise or I would not have booked it. I see a very real distinction. HAL's coverage , a t best only pays a pitful $10,000 for medical. that ;is too low an amount and is too high a risk, thus I reject that.

JMO

Edited by sail7seas

I can afford to lose the price o f the cruise or I would not have booked it. I see a very real distinction. HAL's coverage , a t best only pays a pitful $10,000 for medical. that ;is too low an amount and is too high a risk, thus I reject that.

JMO

You must have missed the part where I posted I also purchased a separate medical/repatriation policy.

The HAL CPP plus a medical policy can be sufficient, and at a much lower price, than purchasing a full coverage policy. Cancel for any reason can come in handy.

You must have missed the part where I posted I also purchased a separate medical/repatriation policy.

The HAL CPP plus a medical policy can be sufficient, and at a much lower price, than purchasing a full coverage policy. Cancel for any reason can come in handy.

No, Ruth, Why do you think that? I read your whole post and

.then wrote as to what I do, what works for me and why. We each choose for ourselves. THat is why I ended my post with " J M O" What is right for me may not be for anyone b u t me.