Harmony Horrors!!

A coworker told me about this site, said it's great, informational and I should ask the question to you all.... after some of these responses I'm not so sure... if you don't have any information for me keep your wisecracks to yourself please.. I'm sure if my story happened to any of you, you'd be furious, just as much as us!

Patsy451...I feel for you. I would not be happy either if this happened to me or anyone else in my family. I hope you get compensated for your distress.

PS..there are trolls on this site. They think their lives are perfect and they are snarky smart A** people, ignore them. 95% of the people on this site actually give good advice. The other 5% I could do without. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Patsy451...I feel for you. I would not be happy either if this happened to me or anyone else in my family. I hope you get compensated for your distress.

PS..there are trolls on this site. They think their lives are perfect and they are snarky smart A** people, ignore them. 95% of the people on this site actually give good advice. The other 5% I could do without. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

You are right but the way this was posted had everyone curious and some of us were suspicious if it was genuine or not.

You are right but the way this was posted had everyone curious and some of us were suspicious if it was genuine or not.

I've been reading through this thread...so sorry for the OP's issue! Horrible. I'd be pi$$ed too.

To the above poster, because people were curious and suspicious at the OP's first post, attacking and accusing is justified?

Now that everyone knows it IS legit AND horrible, let's just continue pestering the OP that their issue really isn't one and for them suck it up.

Good grief. Grow up, people.

I've been reading through this thread...so sorry for the OP's issue! Horrible. I'd be pi$$ed too.

To the above poster, because people were curious and suspicious at the OP's first post, attacking and accusing is justified?

Now that everyone knows it IS legit AND horrible, let's just continue pestering the OP that their issue really isn't one and for them suck it up.

I think because it looked strange people were a little light hearted and had a little fun but hardly nasty.

If it was truly genuine everyone's​ hearts go out to them.

How sad and embarrassing. 8 pages in this post so far of bla bla bla bla and snarky comments. Only one Cruise Critic member (below) chose to help and simply answer the original question.

Certainly indeed an embarrassment when Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic message board members act just like Carnival Cruise Critic members.

I think many of you live on these message boards far too much and it is overwhelming clear many of you need a break from it.

Disgusting.....:(

Here is the answer to your original question:

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact

Ivette Gari

Adjuster, Guest Claims

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

igari@rccl.com

Secondary Contact

Aurora Yera–Rodriguez

Director, Guest Experience

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Carlos Leyva

Chief Guest Experience Officer

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

cleyva@rccl.com

Chief Executive

Michael Bayley

President and CEO

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

mbayley@rccl.com

I think because it looked strange people were a little light hearted and had a little fun but hardly nasty.

If it was truly genuine everyone's​ hearts go out to them.

I think you need to re-read a lot of the posts.

I understand that everyone is suspicious at first especially because it is a brand new poster and she could/should have phrased the opening post a little differently, but the Loyal to Royal got a little too extreme this time.

First of all, the sink area is not considered a trash collection spot. We have left, by accident things on the sink and have never had anything thrown away. Such as a tube of toothpaste that has given it's last bit of paste and a wash wet wash cloth. The tube was still there and the wet wash cloth was hung up with the fresh ones. I know, if you want the wash cloth replaced put it in the shower.

Since the dentures were incinerated, that probably eliminates them being in a case or wash cloth. For arguments sake, say they were wrapped in tissue. Once the room attendant picked them up, 100% of the liability of what happens next falls on him/her. Once him/her picked them up, the shape, the weight and the firmness would have told a reasonable person that it was more than just a wad of tissue. After determining that, there was two logical options: 1) clean around it, or 2) see what's inside and go from there. For whatever reason, being overworked, tired, or lazy, they chose to throw it away.

Secondly, if in deed their room wasn't cleaned for two days because the room attendant was sick, is unacceptable, somebody should have picked up the slack.

If the cruise line would accept responsibility, pay for the dentures, and give them 50% off a future cruise, I think that would be fair. Personally, if that would have happened to me, they couldn't pay me enough to sail with them again.

Anything less than that, I'd hire a lawyer and pursue it through the legal system. For you who would think that would be a waste of time, think back a few weeks to the passenger that was dragged of the United flight because it was overbooked. According to United, as Celebrity in this case said they didn't do anything wrong. They settled last week and according to what I could find by watching CNN and others, and web surfing, the "experts" are saying the settlement was between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000.

How sad and embarrassing. 8 pages in this post so far of bla bla bla bla and snarky comments. Only one Cruise Critic member (below) chose to help and simply answer the original question.

Certainly indeed an embarrassment when Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic message board members act just like Carnival Cruise Critic members.

I think many of you live on these message boards far too much and it is overwhelming clear many of you need a break from it.

A little sanctimonious aren't you given some of your previous posts ?

The tipping one wasn't so bad but the one criticising the suicide.........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50893174#post50893174

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49990283#post49990283

Edited by WpgCruise

Agree i know someone who eats fish and chips without their false teeth in so yes a sad case but put things into perspective and 50% off next cruise was good PR when for all we know the ops husband might have dementia at 80 (hopefully not because we have experience of this) and may have inadvertently lost them himself.

Sad but not the end of the world

Really???!!! SMH:(

Sorry this happened but Harmony Horrors! I expected something seriously wrong with the ship - not a preventable event that affected 2 people. Lashing out at folks here doesn't win any sympathy - we get that you're upset and I hope Royal gives you some assistance. I also hope your travel insurance covers the dentures. I wear a retainer and I make sure it's in a container or swimming in a glass. As others said, it's highly unusual to have an attendant just throw something out. And evidently, your husband wasn't that embarassed to go without them to the show that night. Leaving the room without them in is kind of like leaving without your contacts or glasses or hearing aid - it's not something to leave behind while out. Not laying fault but seems unusual to say the least.

Spilled drink - change clothes. "Weird" food - well getting sick is really no one's fault unless you can prove food poisoning. It could just be a reaction to a dietary change.

Judging by the tone here, the stateroom attendant probably was terrified of a confrontation or verbal abuse. However, someone should have cleaned the room. I would have been on the phone to housekeeping the first time the room was skipped.

I hope you get some resolution and I hope you present the experience calmly and rationally because going on the attack is not going to give you much credibility.

First of all, the sink area is not considered a trash collection spot. We have left, by accident things on the sink and have never had anything thrown away. Such as a tube of toothpaste that has given it's last bit of paste and a wash wet wash cloth. The tube was still there and the wet wash cloth was hung up with the fresh ones. I know, if you want the wash cloth replaced put it in the shower.

Since the dentures were incinerated, that probably eliminates them being in a case or wash cloth. For arguments sake, say they were wrapped in tissue. Once the room attendant picked them up, 100% of the liability of what happens next falls on him/her. Once him/her picked them up, the shape, the weight and the firmness would have told a reasonable person that it was more than just a wad of tissue. After determining that, there was two logical options: 1) clean around it, or 2) see what's inside and go from there. For whatever reason, being overworked, tired, or lazy, they chose to throw it away.

Secondly, if in deed their room wasn't cleaned for two days because the room attendant was sick, is unacceptable, somebody should have picked up the slack.

If the cruise line would accept responsibility, pay for the dentures, and give them 50% off a future cruise, I think that would be fair. Personally, if that would have happened to me, they couldn't pay me enough to sail with them again.

Anything less than that, I'd hire a lawyer and pursue it through the legal system. For you who would think that would be a waste of time, think back a few weeks to the passenger that was dragged of the United flight because it was overbooked. According to United, as Celebrity in this case said they didn't do anything wrong. They settled last week and according to what I could find by watching CNN and others, and web surfing, the "experts" are saying the settlement was between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000.

Blah, Blah Blah!!! OK so your sue happy, who cares! You have absolutely zero idea what really happened, and the bottom line is the OP's other half left them laying out? Who really knows, and it is ironic, because we honestly don't know the "whole" story now do we?.........:rolleyes:...The OP says the cabin steward threw them out, did he really, did she see him throw them out? If someone could leave their dentures out by mistake, could that person actually have been confused, mistaken to begin with????We wil lnever know.

A little sanctimonious aren't you given some of your previous posts ?

The tipping one wasn't so bad but the one criticising the suicide.........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50893174#post50893174

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49990283#post49990283

WOW, just WOW! ObstructedView, your screen name is a perfect fit!

Also, it's ironic that ObstructedView states it's an embarrassment when Royal CC'ers act just like Carnival CC'ers yet his/her suicide post, as well as a couple of other zingers I found, were made on the Carnival board.

And, while my first post pushing OP to "reveal the circumstances" may have seemed snarky, I felt my second post and the advice in it were genuinely intended to be helpful. Just like the follow-up posts from many who, once OP revealed the circumstances, extended their sympathies that this happened to them.

CB

Blah, Blah Blah!!! OK so your sue happy, who cares! You have absolutely zero idea what really happened, and the bottom line is the OP's other half left them laying out? Who really knows, and it is ironic, because we honestly don't know the "whole" story now do we?.........:rolleyes:...The OP says the cabin steward threw them out, did he really, did she see him throw them out? If someone could leave their dentures out by mistake, could that person actually have been confused, mistaken to begin with????We wil lnever know.

I am not sue happy, I have never sued anybody. If dentures were there when they left and gone when they got back, what are the other alternatives?. Whatever happened to believing the poster, for a change? You made assumptions without knowing the facts so why can't anybody else? I'm guessing the cabin steward admitted to throwing them out otherwise why would RCL offer anything, they surely don't care about bad publicity. If it goes to court, the truth will come out and I don't think RCL will be shown in a positive light. Maybe sometime in the future something will go wrong on one of you cruises and you post about the injustice. There will be people who show you as much compassion and understanding as you showed these people.

Can you explain how millions of dental retainers get accidentally discarded every year? A steward has a lot of cabins to clean, I'm sure they're not inspecting every bit of trash left on counters. If the steward could clearly see they were teeth, don't you think that they wouldn't have ended up in the garbage?! I made my kids pay for their lost retainers, to teach them personal accountability, and never blamed the people who tossed them.

Sorry this happened but Harmony Horrors! I expected something seriously wrong with the ship - not a preventable event that affected 2 people. Lashing out at folks here doesn't win any sympathy - we get that you're upset and I hope Royal gives you some assistance. I also hope your travel insurance covers the dentures. I wear a retainer and I make sure it's in a container or swimming in a glass. As others said, it's highly unusual to have an attendant just throw something out. And evidently, your husband wasn't that embarassed to go without them to the show that night. Leaving the room without them in is kind of like leaving without your contacts or glasses or hearing aid - it's not something to leave behind while out. Not laying fault but seems unusual to say the least.

Spilled drink - change clothes. "Weird" food - well getting sick is really no one's fault unless you can prove food poisoning. It could just be a reaction to a dietary change.

Judging by the tone here, the stateroom attendant probably was terrified of a confrontation or verbal abuse. However, someone should have cleaned the room. I would have been on the phone to housekeeping the first time the room was skipped.

I hope you get some resolution and I hope you present the experience calmly and rationally because going on the attack is not going to give you much credibility.

Perfectly mirrors what i believe most of us think.

File your claims but let your anger about it go. Forgive me for saying it, but you aren't getting any younger. Count your blessings and get on with your life. Take the 50% or don't. File a claim or don't, but let the anger about the situation go. I know easier said than done but you won't gain anything from it.

DaddyE: Excellent advice!!

Edited by skid10

I feel like some are very much under estimating the cost and time involved in replacing dentures.

I pray none of you ever have to find out 1st hand.

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

You must be a friend of the OP or relative or maybe even the OP with a different screen name?

Many MANY people know the cost and time involved in replacing dentures, that isn't the problem here, so move on.;)

You must be a friend of the OP or relative or maybe even the OP with a different screen name?

Many MANY people know the cost and time involved in replacing dentures, that isn't the problem here, so move on.;)

Really?

Just when I think people can't be any meaner here, somebody gets trashed for being sympathetic to the OP.

You didn't have a travel ins policy that may cover the denture ?

It is possible that any travel insurance doesn't cover dentures. I had insurance through Travel Guard for a recent cruise and stupidly went into the pool without realizing that I still had my hearing aids in and ended up losing one in the pool. I contacted Travel Guard and was told that eyeglasses and hearing aids are not covered for loss/damage so I'll bet that dentures might be questionable also. I was very fortunate to have a rider on my homeowners policy that covered the hearing aid loss.

Really?

Just when I think people can't be any meaner here, somebody gets trashed for being sympathetic to the OP.

There was absolutely NOTHING mean about my post. Sorry if you took it that way.

It is evident that this person has a small amount of posts and only on this thread from what I have seen and they keep talking about the lack of compassion about the loss of dentures.

@ilovetotravel1977 some people make ridiculous demands, in this case especially u can tell that this was an innocent mistake made by BOTH parties. We joke, because as a society if we take everything serious, we wouldn't be able to coexist. I'd rather laugh, then scream or cry. So quit attacking people for joking around about something simple as a lost item. It is a lost denture, not a lost life. Did anyone die because of this? Sucks to be in this situation especially in the middle of the ocean. I'm former military and losing a denture would be a blessing compared to some of the stuff we lost while deployed, including soldiers in arms. Enjoy life, it's too short!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app