Harmony Horrors!!

I agree... I'm not sure we are getting the whole story here. They must have been wrapped in a towel or tissue and not in plan site.

Interesting point. If they were wrapped in a washcloth or towel, they may have ended up in Laundry rather than Garbage. If they ended up in Laundry, they may still have them in lost-and-found.

Interesting point. If they were wrapped in a washcloth or towel, they may have ended up in Laundry rather than Garbage. If they ended up in Laundry, they may still have them in lost-and-found.

Someone said lost and found are toothless.

Well, I couldn't read through 12 pages and not comment. This is obviously just a matter of carelessness. We've all done it. I lost my reading glasses on a cruise once, checked continuously for them at Guest Services but never found them...it never occurred to me to demand anything in return because I was careless. It was not the responsibility of the cabin attendant to care for your husband's personal possessions. It never has been. More often times than not, the attendant has been considerate enough to remind me of something I overlooked.

Should have been a "Darn it, I forgot to put my denture away" moment, not a "let's ding the cruise line for my carelessness". The compensation you received was more than generous. Sorry you had this experience, but I'd have been drinking lemonade after that, not sucking lemons. Maybe that's why so many on CC find it hard to sympathise. Making the best of a bad situation should be an adult reaction.

I bet this never happens again, no matter where you happen to be.:confused:

Well, I couldn't read through 12 pages and not comment. This is obviously just a matter of carelessness. We've all done it. I lost my reading glasses on a cruise once, checked continuously for them at Guest Services but never found them...it never occurred to me to demand anything in return because I was careless. It was not the responsibility of the cabin attendant to care for your husband's personal possessions. It never has been. More often times than not, the attendant has been considerate enough to remind me of something I overlooked.

Should have been a "Darn it, I forgot to put my denture away" moment, not a "let's ding the cruise line for my carelessness". The compensation you received was more than generous. Sorry you had this experience, but I'd have been drinking lemonade after that, not sucking lemons. Maybe that's why so many on CC find it hard to sympathise. Making the best of a bad situation should be an adult reaction.

I hear you. I lost an expensive pair of sunglasses on my last cruise. Put them on the table in Park Cafe to have lunch and left without them. Checked guest services many times but no luck. Lesson learned. From now on it's $20 drug store glasses when I cruise.

EXECUTIVE CONTACTS

Primary Contact

Ivette Gari

Adjuster, Guest Claims

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

igari@rccl.com

Secondary Contact

Aurora Yera–Rodriguez

Director, Guest Experience

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Carlos Leyva

Chief Guest Experience Officer

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

cleyva@rccl.com

Chief Executive

Michael Bayley

President and CEO

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

mbayley@rccl.com

Researched by John McNeal and filed under Cruise Line.

Last updated: February 18, 2017.

Sorry for re-posting the contact list. Obviously, I didn't read far enough to begin with to see it. I skimmed through the thread and discovered that it had been posted, and was then, re-posted.

However, I think that requiring the original poster to "give the circumstances" before sharing the contact list was out of line. She asked; some of us knew how how to do it; why not just list the contacts?

For those who have never had to get dentures, I think you have little idea what it entails. My husband's last set (weeks in getting them, getting them fitted, and then re-adjusting them) cost $6000. It's not as simple as losing reading glasses or a child's retainer---and anyone, no matter how inexperienced should be able to tell at a glance that they are an important personal item. I simply can't imagine anyone deciding that the thing to do was throw them away.

As to the wet gown, I'm sure that was simply the icing on the cake for a bad experience. The loss of the dentures was a horrible experience; not being able to eat the food they had planned on enjoying was certainly a contributing factor to a bad cruise; dealing with houskeeping/front desk/customer relations and being rebuffed leads to increasing anger, no matter when or in what circumstances--then to get one's dress "dumped on"....

I think most people going through that would be pretty upset--and of course, as the frustration increases, it is hightened by not only the inability to do anything about it, but in addition, the inability to just leave.

Are you sure they cleaned your cabin after you returned from dinner? Usually they do it while you are at dinner. Maybe he left them somewhere else and isn't remembering it correctly?

Ok here it is... my husband is 80 yrs old. He has full dentures. Had a dental procedure the night before cruise so bottom gum was painful. 2nd night after dinner, he took out bottom denture, cleaned it placed it on the sink, we went out to a show, he says oh I forgot it, I say don't worry we're not eating leave it. Returned at 11 pm GONE!! Attendant tossed it in the trash!! Called they say sorry trash got incinerated!!! Next 5 days no teeth!! Couldn't eat anything that wasn't mashed! Pics were ruined! He was embarrassed, and miserable! Housekeeping Sup says we don't pay for lost or stolen!! Was neither, he trashed it!!! He calls in sick next 2 days and doesn't clean our room 2 of the 7 days I have to call for towels!!!Top it all off formal night waitresss spill our champagne all over my gown, have to sit in wet dress all night, husband gets sick from eating freaky food, and miss Mexico excursion we pd for. You tell me was that worth the 4K I paid to celebrate my 30th anniversary!!

I'd also have to say that if my room was still going to be cleaned and I realized I forgot something just laying on my bathroom sink so important to my trip and my health I'd be high tailing it back to my cabin to get it immediately. I'm sorry but this story just doesn't add up and I'm thinking that the cabin attendant is being blamed for something that might not have happened. I can hardly get an attendant to throw out stuff that seems obvious is trash. They always default to not removing stuff (like any empty beer bottle on the vanity from the day before, old cruise compass, etc). It is very possible the husband didn't remember things as they actually happened. Even if the account of the story is accurate we still don't know they didn't fall on the ground or were wrapped in something making it look like trash. 50% of the next cruise is way more than fair given the info presented by the OP.

Well said.

Are you sure they cleaned your cabin after you returned from dinner? Usually they do it while you are at dinner. Maybe he left them somewhere else and isn't remembering it correctly?

Ooh good catch. She doesn't say it was cleaned while they were at dinner, which was the usual time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ooh good catch. She doesn't say it was cleaned while they were at dinner, which was the usual time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The whole scenario was sad if true but unfortunately the op posted with the wrong attitude hence the number of posts questioning the actual event.

Sorry for re-posting the contact list. Obviously, I didn't read far enough to begin with to see it. I skimmed through the thread and discovered that it had been posted, and was then, re-posted.

However, I think that requiring the original poster to "give the circumstances" before sharing the contact list was out of line. She asked; some of us knew how how to do it; why not just list the contacts?

For those who have never had to get dentures, I think you have little idea what it entails. My husband's last set (weeks in getting them, getting them fitted, and then re-adjusting them) cost $6000. It's not as simple as losing reading glasses or a child's retainer---and anyone, no matter how inexperienced should be able to tell at a glance that they are an important personal item. I simply can't imagine anyone deciding that the thing to do was throw them away.

As to the wet gown, I'm sure that was simply the icing on the cake for a bad experience. The loss of the dentures was a horrible experience; not being able to eat the food they had planned on enjoying was certainly a contributing factor to a bad cruise; dealing with houskeeping/front desk/customer relations and being rebuffed leads to increasing anger, no matter when or in what circumstances--then to get one's dress "dumped on"....

I think most people going through that would be pretty upset--and of course, as the frustration increases, it is hightened by not only the inability to do anything about it, but in addition, the inability to just leave.

Great points. But this is a 50/50 blame situation. Both parties are at fault. Rccl offered 50% reembursal as their Sorry and the women refused. She wants 100% and possibly a ship named after her. If she was that concerned about anything other then getting $$ she would have been back on here to thank people for providing her with support during this ordeal, or even shunning those that aren't. She took the contact info of Rccl execs and ran away. Some people choose to complain instead of being level headed and realize that they are possibly at fault as well. We need to be more responsible as individuals instead being quick to point blame in another direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Great points. But this is a 50/50 blame situation. Both parties are at fault. Rccl offered 50% reembursal as their Sorry and the women refused. She wants 100% and possibly a ship named after her. If she was that concerned about anything other then getting $$ she would have been back on here to thank people for providing her with support during this ordeal, or even shunning those that aren't. She took the contact info of Rccl execs and ran away. Some people choose to complain instead of being level headed and realize that they are possibly at fault as well. We need to be more responsible as individuals instead being quick to point blame in another direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

That actually made me LOL!!

In view of the wording contained in the original post, I don't think I was "out of line" in telling the OP that I would give her the head honcho's contact info after she enlightened us on the circumstances. I've lurked on these boards long enough to know there are people who want to escalate the most trivial matters in hopes of getting OBC/FCC money or a free cruise from what they feel is RCI's "deep pockets".

And that's why I would not "just list the contacts".

You have all the contact info; do with it what you will. Personally, I don't want to help enable those who are just after the money without IMHO a valid reason. RCI is pretty good at making things right. I feel their offer to the OP was more than generous given the "circumstances". And a lot of us who've posted the same know how much time and expense dentures involve. That's why we don't leave them laying around!

CB

In view of the wording contained in the original post, I don't think I was "out of line" in telling the OP that I would give her the head honcho's contact info after she enlightened us on the circumstances. I've lurked on these boards long enough to know there are people who want to escalate the most trivial matters in hopes of getting OBC/FCC money or a free cruise from what they feel is RCI's "deep pockets".

And that's why I would not "just list the contacts".

You have all the contact info; do with it what you will. Personally, I don't want to help enable those who are just after the money without IMHO a valid reason. RCI is pretty good at making things right. I feel their offer to the OP was more than generous given the "circumstances". And a lot of us who've posted the same know how much time and expense dentures involve. That's why we don't leave them laying around!

CB

Perfectly said and agree 100%.