TA verse using online bookinge s

rates back down so i asked TA to match. we will see

thank goodness for spreadsheets .id save about 225 even if i rebought the refresh pack at full price and i lose my 20 bucks on the coco cay bed. but if i just pay cash for the frozen drinks/water, my savings is 383.i think worth a rebook

booked with TA. before booking she said no fees in her email. however after booking it said insurance was included and that there is 35 cancel fee. i did not hit accept terms on the email and instead wrote back to her. i'm assuming she will write back that it's the HQ standard language and her franchise doesnt charge.

but would you say her emails to me do make a contract that there are no fees?

booked with TA. before booking she said no fees in her email. however after booking it said insurance was included and that there is 35 cancel fee. i did not hit accept terms on the email and instead wrote back to her. i'm assuming she will write back that it's the HQ standard language and her franchise doesnt charge.

but would you say her emails to me do make a contract that there are no fees?

I cannot answer the legal question, but I do know that agencies have the ability to waive fees if they want. I would ask for written confirmation that any change or cancel fees will be waived for your booking.

well i got it in writing back from her no fees . is just there in case some other franchisee wants to charge them but i have her saying it at least 3 times in various emails so i'm confident. i wasnt happy that she told me insurance wasnt included but it was. she corrected the invoice within 1 hour. she either didnt look at the invoice sent out or the system just adds it to hope people miss it. my guess is the system adds it. she knows the 100 questions i sent out before booking.

also thanks to royal for making it sooo easy to cancel a booking. NCL makes you call in. actually it was a bit toooo easy to cancel. they need more checkboxes

Last cruise we got the names of TAs from people in our Meet & Mingle group...if they refer you they can often get an extra perk too, so cruisers like to share their TAs.

We still did comparisons and used a large online travel site because of perks with our credit card company ($200 extra OBC per cabin). It pays to have a few places you work with and can comparison shop....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Type in "TA" in the search thread button.

This will bring up the last 100,000,000 threads started on this very subject.......

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. :rolleyes:

can i pay a fee to make them refundable

The way I understand it, your cruise price will be higher at initial booking to get the refundable deposit, however I'm still not sure if we can transition from non-refundable to refundable.

as long as 2 person is 60% off ill book anything.

You are falling for the marketing hype of RCI - that 60% off is from an inflated fare that doesn't really exist. The end result is the same (recently higher than) as the usual going rate.

ok then i want 30% off passenger 1 and 2. plus 150 bonus cash for balcony.

or wait, how about buy one get 2nd person at retail then 2nd at half price.

Don't look for a discount off some imaginary inflated number - look at the absolute cost.

Biker, who still lives the $100 pp pd rule.

Our first cruise was through a TA and we missed out big time on a big price drop.....she went on a cruise herself and no one else took the initiative. When we found out about the PD on our own I called RCL and they wouldn't touch the price because....it was handled by a TA.

We got a free excursion and nothing else.

I've never looked back to even THINK about going through a TA. Never will ever again.

while my TA has no fee for canceling, price changes etc, i did ask if she monitors price drops. her answer:

We provide this service, but there is a 9.99 charge.

Our computers scan the signed-up reservations everyday for the lowest price.

-----------

i look every day anyway so it seems pointless to pay for the service. still kind of interesting.