Any tips on how to make last minute bookings?

attran99

We live within a 30 minute drive to the Carnival port in Long Beach. We recently enjoyed our venture out to the southern Caribbean on the Fascination...but it may be some time before we can get out for another 7-day jaunt. I'm hoping that a shorter cruise would be a cost effective way for our family of 5 to spend a few days of fun.

Are there any experts out there who have tips on how to make a last minute booking if the mood strikes us for a shorter cruise?

How late can you book?

What price range can I expect to spend booking last minute?

Thanks!

you can probably book online up to a week before the cruise IF there are any rooms left. Most likely you will not be able to pick your rooms, so they will not be together. Prices tend to go UP as the rooms fill up, so doing this to save money is probably risky.

We live within a 30 minute drive to the Carnival port in Long Beach.

How late can you book?

You can make a same day booking by calling Carnival's 800# reservation line up until 12noon.

This can not be done online

You can make a same day booking by calling Carnival's 800# reservation line up until 12noon.

This can not be done online

I did not think that was possible anymore due to TSA requirements.

Thanks to all for your helpful responses!

I booked May 8 for a May 21 cruise. The only thing was I put TBa for 2nd person. Carnival emailed me they had to put second name in.

6fan, how much money did you save when you booked 2 weeks in advance? Just curious. What kind of cabin did you end up in? Again, just curious :)

We book rather last minute pretty regularly, anywhere from 6 weeks out down to a week. My best results have come when we just pick a week to travel and then watch everything on the schedule. Some will go up, some will stay stable but many times a couple will start going down, sometimes to rock bottom if it isn't a super heavy travel time. If you truly want to put price in the top category then you have to not be picky about the ship, itinerary or even the cruise line.

Edited by ray98

We book rather last minute pretty regularly, anywhere from 6 weeks out down to a week. My best results have come when we just pick a week to travel and then watch everything on the schedule. Some will go up, some will stay stable but many times a couple will start going down, sometimes to rock bottom if it isn't a super heavy travel time. If you truly want to put price in the top category then you have to not be as picky about the ship, itinerary or even the cruise line.

THIS^^^^

I cruise solo so last minute cruises are the way to go for me. But as ray98 said YOU CAN NOT BE PICKY AND U MUST BE FLEXIBLE.

I stalk the website and I'm open to any cruise line with a great deal to be had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Is there a specific website that shows all last minute cruise options?

All of the cruise line websites have a search function that let you put in a travel window as do many TA and online booking engine sites.

Just put in the dates and general destinations (ie Caribbean / Alaska / Europe / Asia / Bermuda) and go from there.

I did not think that was possible anymore due to TSA requirements.

I've booked several cruises within a week of sailing, latest was 2 days prior, went on 12 cruises last year and 6 already this year.

I am very flexible, BUT, I"m picky with my destination. I don't just "cruise to cruise". And in the Caribbean, I am very selective. The world is small, you won't see it, if you won't sail other lines, which I can't figure out those who think this way. Carnival does the Caribbean extremely well. But, that's not even a dent in my travels.