Jewel to alaska june 10th

alsgirl

Hi All,

Looking so forward to my upcoming cruise !!! The roll call on this cruise is pretty quite just wondering if this cruise is hardly booked? This is my first cruise to Alaska, I usually do the warm weather cruises. I received my email to bid on upgrades two weeks ago and I am eagerly awaiting the response......

I know there are many Alaska cruises after mine this season so if anyone has anything they want me to find out for them just let me know and I will do my to answer them when I get back.

Happy Cruising to All:D:D

Happy Cruising!

We've been on the Jewel to Alaska for the past 2 years. We had a forward facing suite and an aft. We prefer the forward facing suite for this itinerary. We spent hours each day/evening watching the whales, dolphins, and other sea life from our balcony. Magical!

4adeba8a8a388c5a186652cffdb539e2.jpg

a3601e9ea15d8aa54f8486226e81c28c.jpg

b003575c3606ba1b17b1caf3533ae2c3.jpg

I'm on the Pearl for an August Alaskan cruise and my roll call is quite too. Infact all the Pearl roll calls for August are quite. I think that a lot of the passengers are not Cruise Critic followers.

Don

We've been on the Jewel to Alaska for the past 2 years. We had a forward facing suite and an aft. We prefer the forward facing suite for this itinerary. We spent hours each day/evening watching the whales, dolphins, and other sea life from our balcony. Magical!

Thanks you soooo much for those pictures!! I have an aft balcony at the present time but i did bid on the same room your pictures are from...

Hi All,

Looking so forward to my upcoming cruise !!! The roll call on this cruise is pretty quite just wondering if this cruise is hardly booked? This is my first cruise to Alaska, I usually do the warm weather cruises. I received my email to bid on upgrades two weeks ago and I am eagerly awaiting the response......

I know there are many Alaska cruises after mine this season so if anyone has anything they want me to find out for them just let me know and I will do my to answer them when I get back.

Happy Cruising to All:D:D

I cruised to Alaska on the Jewel and it was wonderful. I do not remember exactly where we were at, but the captain told us to be on our balconies at a certain time like 7:15 pm and we would be where the whales are. I kid you not, at exactly 7:15 whales were ALL over the place. It was incredible. I hope you have an amazing trip.

We are on the Jewel in July and likewise, our roll call is pretty tepid. Awaiting bidding process to open up, and we have added an extra passenger (DD) in our room, so would like to get a larger room. Would have purchased outright, but they are all showing sold out. Hoping that maybe one opens up.

Sadly, roll calls seemed to have slowed down.

I have made a couple of lifelong friends on roll calls and on ships.

Lately, if you post a question, you get spanked by someone who thinks you should have looked harder, somewhere else, and/or have known better.

As someone who has switched from Caribbean cruising to Alaska and beyond, I believe that has stopped people from asking questions and connecting with other folks here. A number of CC posters aren't looking for new friends, but an opportunity to scold a stranger.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don I think you are so right..... Usually the roll calls are crazy by now

In my experience Alaska roll calls tend to be much quieter than other itineraries. My fourth Alaska cruise is in 38 days and our roll call is very quiet. We don't have any excursions planned together, and I think most of us have cruised Alaska before so don't have questions. OTOH the roll call for my Western Med cruise in September is hopping.

Huh, maybe Alaska cruises ARE Quiet this year?

We have our third Alaska cruise Tomorrow (third May in a row), and this is the First

Alaska cruise that we Haven't had a Meet & Greet. Our Roll calls have been fairly Quiet as well.

Going to enjoy it, in any case.

:D