Did you like JiJi Asian Kitchen?

brepri_h

I saw on the Sunshine that JiJi is free for lunch. Is there a big difference between what is served for lunch and dinner?

Yes, the Mongolian wok is what is actually served at JiJi for lunch. So if you have ever been on a ship where you pick the veggies you want, and put them into a bowl, then hand it to the chef to cook with a protein and sauce, that is the same thing on the Sunshine. Only dif, is you fill out a piece of paper ( and they ALWAYS get it wrong)....

JiJi is a set menu, that is a sit down dinning experience with an App, Entree and Dessert.. the food is so much better than the lunch offering.

We loved it on Sunshine! The Food Manager had dinner with us one evening and asked the chef to prepare us one of every item on the menu. ;p It was two tables full. We ate most all of it and also enjoyed the Saki Sangria. It was some type of iced drink; not hot. Wish I could remember what it was called, but only drink like it on the menu.

Amazing meal; a must do. It's called Asian Fusion menu.

DH's favorite was the Pork Belly. That's my least favorite; too much fat for me.:eek:

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Spelling

First time we were with another couple - OMG we were stuffed!!! Everything on the table was outstanding. Second time it was just the two of us - OMG we were stuffed!!! Everything on the table was outstanding.

PS: the dumplings are just plain killer.

First time we were with another couple - OMG we were stuffed!!! Everything on the table was outstanding. Second time it was just the two of us - OMG we were stuffed!!! Everything on the table was outstanding.

PS: the dumplings are just plain killer.

Sounds like deja Vu whether it's dinner for four or two.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I am actually not a fan of any kind of Asian food. Maybe pepper steak or some kind of chicken. I love Italian, but otherwise I am strictly meat and potatoes. I am reading a great Sunshine review by Nicole and she raves about JiJi's and told me to give it a try! DH LOVES that kind of food. From my experience, the lst night is kind of meh in the MDR. Do you think I should make reservations for the lst night as a surprise for DH? Otherwise I would wait and see the menus for each night to decide what night to go, but if it fills up early I wouldn't want to miss out. :confused: Our last cruises have been on Pride with the Bonsai whatever....and it was always crowded whenever we passed (mostly by crew members! ;))

I am actually not a fan of any kind of Asian food. Maybe pepper steak or some kind of chicken. I love Italian, but otherwise I am strictly meat and potatoes. I am reading a great Sunshine review by Nicole and she raves about JiJi's and told me to give it a try! DH LOVES that kind of food. From my experience, the lst night is kind of meh in the MDR. Do you think I should make reservations for the lst night as a surprise for DH? Otherwise I would wait and see the menus for each night to decide what night to go, but if it fills up early I wouldn't want to miss out. :confused: Our last cruises have been on Pride with the Bonsai whatever....and it was always crowded whenever we passed (mostly by crew members! ;))

We are going on a 4 day cruise and I'm trying to decide which night to make a reservation as well. I'm thinking night 3 maybe. I really like the ribs when the MDR serves them. I'm hoping not to miss them.

We are going on a 4 day cruise and I'm trying to decide which night to make a reservation as well. I'm thinking night 3 maybe. I really like the ribs when the MDR serves them. I'm hoping not to miss them.

We are thinking of doing it as well a couple of times during our next cruise. I wish they would post mdr menus online with your booking number so you can decide which days to make your ji ji's and steakhouse reservation. I think they would get more reservations

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

We are thinking of doing it as well a couple of times during our next cruise. I wish they would post mdr menus online with your booking number so you can decide which days to make your ji ji's and steakhouse reservation. I think they would get more reservations

Totally agree!

I went 4 times in a week. At $12 that it was a steal. After the 2nd night I was able to order whatever I wanted from the menu..

Whatever you wanted ? Multiple entrees? I was wondering if you could, we like to try different things

Whatever you wanted ? Multiple entrees? I was wondering if you could, we like to try different things

On the Breeze at Cucina del Capitano we were able to get an entree of spaghetti carbonara to split as a side dish to go with our two short rib entrees.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It is supposed to be 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert. I also have been multiple times on a cruise and when I mentioned I have having a hard time deciding between two apps they said not to worry and brought both.

No idea if it is common of if they were just being nice since that was the third time they had seen us that week.

Which ribs? They do multiple...

You could probably pull up the menu from zydeco and figure it out....

Which ribs? They do multiple...

You could probably pull up the menu from zydeco and figure it out....

I believe they were called St. Louis ribs. I've never heard of zydeco but I'll check it out! Thanks!

It is supposed to be 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert. I also have been multiple times on a cruise and when I mentioned I have having a hard time deciding between two apps they said not to worry and brought both.

No idea if it is common of if they were just being nice since that was the third time they had seen us that week.

That was exactly what happened.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned last Friday from Sunshine, our first Carnival cruise after many RCI cruises. We did not try Ji Ji for dinner although we were in Havana bar most every evening and it never looked completely full. There should be no problem getting reservations. We did try the lunch and it was awesome. I would say that it was the longest line we stood in all week but worth it. We also tried the Italian for lunch and it was also awesome. We love Italian food and this was top notch - fresh and well prepared. The Funships 2.0 upgrades are killing Royal Caribbean right now with Guys, Blue Iguana, Ji Ji, and Cucina Del Capitano. A hidden gem is the mini buffet at Havana bar. In the morning they have some breakfast items including some cream cheese pastries that would probably float away without the cheese inside. They are so light and flaky! They also have items at dinner time including Cuban sandwiches. You will not go hungry for sure!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...