Pullman bunks

What are people's experiences of the Pullman beds? Has anyone had a child fall out? Looking at booking a cruise with the family so worried about 5 & 7 year old grandchildren. Should we be looking at the much more expenses cabins with double sofa beds or even booking 2 adjoining cabins for them with the Mum & Dad each having a child in with them?

If your kids are not in the habit of falling out of their beds at home then they should be fine. Besides, the main bed is directly below so their parents will break their fall if they do fall out.:D

Thanks, one of them has been known to fall out of bed. Also I thought you couldn't have a double bed ( think you call them king or even queen size in the States /Canada) If you have the pullmans, that you have to have it as two single beds underneath.

We always had our kids on Pullman bunks since they were 4 and 6 and never had a problem of them falling down. Their pillows sometimes yes lol..... the beds are usually above our king bed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can ask for a rail...doesn't cover the entire length of the bed, but will stop a "roll-out"....or a pool noodle under the outside edge of the fitted sheet will stop the child from rolling out.

You can have the main bed either way...together or apart. Apart gives you more floor space.

Thanks, one of them has been known to fall out of bed. Also I thought you couldn't have a double bed ( think you call them king or even queen size in the States /Canada) If you have the pullmans, that you have to have it as two single beds underneath.

Have not heard that:

mariner-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-14317.jpg

I thought there was already a small rail there? It's been a few years, but I thought there was a rail going across there.

If you look closely at the photo above, you can see the rail towards the head of the bed on the left.

I never worried about my boys falling out and getting hurt, but I ALWAYS worried about my boys and hurting me when I broke their fall.

Do they fall out of bed at night at home? If you find them often sleeping on the floor, than you should worry.

I worried so much about DS falling out on our last cruise (he was almost 5.5 at the time). At home, he has been known to fall off the bed occasionally. I would put a pillow longways towards the outside edge, and that coupled with the rail kept him on just fine! He never fell out and loved sleeping up on the Pullman! Such a fun memory :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums