Customer Service email - not got replies

jbk1998

Just curious for those of you that have emailed Carnivals custom service and never got a reply. I've emailed twice last month and got the automatic email reply stating i would hear back from someone within 7 days. But both times I never got a reply or answer. I ended up calling with my questions this week, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've always gotten a reply every time I have emailed Carnival. No matter what I was emailing them about, or what email I used. I've emailed them about current cruises, past cruises, and even shore excursions. And even to book the steakhouse. Always have gotten a reply.

Just curious for those of you that have emailed Carnivals custom service and never got a reply. I've emailed twice last month and got the automatic email reply stating i would hear back from someone within 7 days. But both times I never got a reply or answer. I ended up calling with my questions this week, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

They don't care.

Good luck. I have been trying to resolve a problem we had while on the ship and I am getting nowhere. You get an auto replay then nothing. You can leave your # on the call back phone and get nothing. I finally got a reply back this afternoon by email but it wasn't resolved and I emailed back and now nothing. They truly don't care, I am convinced. They are willing to lose a good cruise customer over something they could solve easily. Had a problem with a Carnival Excursion and they really don't care. We always buy our excursions from Carnival because I feel like I know what I'm getting and also they won't leave me at the port, etc. Now I realize it's all bull and you're on your own either way. Next cruise may be on another line due to their lack of customer service.

Are you going through Customer Service? People in booking can't do anything.

Respond to their canned email with: That is a canned response and not acceptable. I need a call today. This needs resolution.

What??? LOL. It is an email simply to notify you that they have received your communication and will be contacting you. If they are like any other company I have worked IT for in the past those mailboxes are not monitored.

Of course that would be a 'canned response'. Who would pay a person to sit around and type emails saying a rep will contact you later?

Pick up the phone and call if you don't receive a reply. Email is just ONE method of communication. I've had luck PM'ing a company's facebook or other social media page as well. There always seems to be someone actively monitoring those.

• 2 months later...

Write an actual letter or type one up and send it to them. They will respond to it much faster than an email once received because you actually took the time to write to them and mail it off as opposed to shooting out an email that may or may not be seen. They probably get millions of emails everyday and I doubt they see all of them.

Write an actual letter or type one up and send it to them. They will respond to it much faster than an email once received because you actually took the time to write to them and mail it off as opposed to shooting out an email that may or may not be seen. They probably get millions of emails everyday and I doubt they see all of them.
This. While normalized feedback beats unsolicited feedback, paper letters is almost always the most effective way of communicating unsolicited feedback.

Good luck. I have been trying to resolve a problem we had while on the ship and I am getting nowhere. You get an auto replay then nothing. You can leave your # on the call back phone and get nothing. I finally got a reply back this afternoon by email but it wasn't resolved and I emailed back and now nothing. They truly don't care, I am convinced. They are willing to lose a good cruise customer over something they could solve easily. Had a problem with a Carnival Excursion and they really don't care. We always buy our excursions from Carnival because I feel like I know what I'm getting and also they won't leave me at the port, etc. Now I realize it's all bull and you're on your own either way. Next cruise may be on another line due to their lack of customer service.

Have you tried calling them? Contact your PVP if you have one. If not, call their customer service. Chances are good they won't get off the phone with you until the problem is fixed. Over the phone is their preferred method of handling customer issues, they don't even include an email address on the "Contact Us" page of their site. Is it fair to say they truly don't care if you haven't tried to contact them by phone?