Celebrity UK - making the final payment

I am getting close to final payment date. So I logged in to My Celebrity and clicked the Make A Payment button, This returned me to the same page without letting me make a payment. So I checked my final payment reminder, and rang the 0843 number to be greeted by a recorded message asking me to ring back in office hours.

Am I missing something or do I really have to wait until 0900 on Monday to give Celebrity money?

I would certainly phone in office hours. It's frustrating to note that the website has still not been updated to reflect the actual opening times for Captain's Club UK for example. They have not been open at weekends since last November..

I always phone to make final payment, just like the reassurance that everything has gone through. Useful to have the freephone number, I always google 'say no to ***' to get a landline contact number.

LOL. First read 'say no to'... as don't say yes to then realised no = number:o

It is annoying having to pay premium rates though!

Owing to an error on the RC site we needed to phone them to sort our payment. The lady on the end of the line kept trying to sort the issue but then put us on hold while she spoke to IT....£8.55 for the call! We emailed them on principle saying we felt they should refund this cost as it was their IT error that had necessitated our call.....We received an email back saying 'thank you for bringing to our attention your issue.' My husband decided to have one extra free cognac per night in the suite lounge to recoup his costs....it was that or get bitter about it!

LOL. First read 'say no to'... as don't say yes to then realised no = number:o

It is annoying having to pay premium rates though!

no is not number! It is "no" - same as nein in German, non in French etc. Opposite of "yes".

Actually the "say no to" are the first seven letters of a UK website that will give alternative numbers for many premium rate numbers!! So it's as in "say no to premium rate numbers" - perhaps try googling that!

You'd probably have to reside in UK to know the website.

I haven't had issues making payments on Celebrity uk site for balances, shore excursions and specialty restaurants. However, I have had issues trying to order from the 'gifts' section. Every time I get to checkout the system just returns me to the home screen. I sent Celebrity an email to which I received a reply that they would respond within 7-10 working days. As you can see from my signature we sail in 5 working days so Celebrity have lost out on some more ancillary revenue from me. No big deal to me, just frustrating really.

I haven't had issues making payments on Celebrity uk site for balances, shore excursions and specialty restaurants. However, I have had issues trying to order from the 'gifts' section. Every time I get to checkout the system just returns me to the home screen. I sent Celebrity an email to which I received a reply that they would respond within 7-10 working days. As you can see from my signature we sail in 5 working days so Celebrity have lost out on some more ancillary revenue from me. No big deal to me, just frustrating really.

Slightly off topic, but if you failed recently to load up on OBC the current rate is a very poor 1.219 as against current spot rate around 1.29. You will be better off paying with a credit card!

no is not number! It is "no" - same as nein in German, non in French etc. Opposite of "yes".

Actually the "say no to" are the first seven letters of a UK website that will give alternative numbers for many premium rate numbers!! So it's as in "say no to premium rate numbers" - perhaps try googling that!

You'd probably have to reside in UK to know the website.

Aha! Thank you for this further tip or should I say thanks but 'no' thanks(!) ...Some of these premium rate numbers cannot be called from abroad so I have had to resort to googling alternatives in the past. I didn't know there is a site to facilitate this. Will definitely try in future.