Epicurean and Sindhu menus

debpaytond

Just a few questions that someone can hopefully answer for me please.

• How often the menu changes at these restaurants. Do they change daily.
  • Are the menus available to view before your reservation time, i've seen the sample menus but would like to know in advance whats on the menu for the days we have booked
  • If i book the restaurants now am i able to cancel these before we sail without charge. How close to the day can i cancel.

sorry for all the questions would would like to get an idea before i go ahead and book.

thanks in advance

• How often the menu changes at these restaurants. Do they change daily.
  • Are the menus available to view before your reservation time, i've seen the sample menus but would like to know in advance whats on the menu for the days we have booked
  • If i book the restaurants now am i able to cancel these before we sail without charge. How close to the day can i cancel.

Both Sindhu and Epicurean have 2 menus which alternate every 3 days on Britannia. The menus are available to view online via your Cruise Personaliser, they are not sample but actual, all the menus are standardised across the fleet.

We cancelled all our Epicurean reservations after the first night eating there, very disappointing so I assume you can cancel at least 24 hrs. before without penalty.

If you book online and then decide to cancel they refund back to the original card within 10 days.

Edited by mickey89

We were on Aurora for a week. The select venues ran the same menu all week. I was a bit disappointed as I would have liked to try both at Sindhu.

On the first full day they set up a showcase (including samples) of the select options in the atrium. Waiters had the menus (for you to take away) and would make bookings. Later in the week we struggled to get a reservation at Sindhu. Apparently people like us using onboard credit.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by stephen@stoneyard.co.uk

The Epicurean when we were on Ventura in January has a weekly menu - in other words there are two menus that alternate weekly. If you book ahead of the cruise for a specific date and then when you get on board discover that you prefer the other menu you can change the date, we have done this with no problem. As far as cancelling and getting your money back I don't know, you would have to ask P&O. I did take a print out of our restaurant booking in case there were any queries when we boarded but there weren't.

The food in The Epicurean and we have been to the ones on both Ventura and Azura, we think is exceptional as is the service. We have been to each venue twice in a cruise to sample both menus. I can only speak from our experience but we have no complaints, quite the contrary. We are on a long cruise on Aurora next year and are really sorry that she has no Epicurean. She has a Sindhu but we don't like spicy food. We did go to Sindhu on Azura and although the food is beautifully presented it's just not to our taste. I know the menu changes weekly there too and I'm sure it would be the same as The Epicurean in that if you book ahead you can change the night when you board if you wish.

You can always wait and book onboard, they often have deals where you get a free bottle of wine. Also on sea days Sindu has special lunch menus which I think were £7.50 each. Didn't fancy Epicurean and as there were 5 of us on our last cruise, it gets quite costly but we really like the food in the main dining room.

On our last cruise with P&O on Britannia in October last year they did a special offer on the first night of the cruise where all speciality dining was reduced by a 1/3 and no other time for the rest of the cruise. We were told by a waiter in Epicurean that it was a trial because they had received loads of complaints that when they did the "free bottle of wine" offer it was not fair on those that didn't drink which seemed to me at the time a very good idea.

On sea days only, Sindhu has what is called 'Nashta'. You have a choice of a number of small dishes, of which you choose 3. This costs £4.95.

You can look ALL menu's up on the P&O website.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

I'm a bit sad and before we sail I map out all the days on a spreadsheet, formal (best guess is usually correct), ports, sail times, trips etc. Then I decided which nights I want to do speciality and once on board make it a priority to find out about the menus and book accordingly. I never book before we go unless it's a short cruise, that way I can use OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a bit sad and before we sail I map out all the days on a spreadsheet, formal (best guess is usually correct), ports, sail times, trips etc. Then I decided which nights I want to do speciality and once on board make it a priority to find out about the menus and book accordingly. I never book before we go unless it's a short cruise, that way I can use OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Florry,

That's not sad, that's being well organised! [emoji4]

I do that for every cruise we take, and have done for 16 years.

I also have lists for general stuff, personal stuff, clothes for both myself and my husband, and footwear for each of us.

We also have a list of stuff to do from 2 months before, upto, and including, the morning we leave, that way we don't forget anything. [emoji4]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.