Dining Requests - Day of boarding

spazwok

Hi

It's been a while since we have cruised with Princess (we are Platinum) and I just wanted to ask a quick question. On previous cruises on the day of boarding we were able to go to the dining room to review our seating assignment and make any special requests. There was always someone there with the seating chart to facilitate these types of things.

For instance, confirm we are in a table of 2 and also arrange to have a chair without arms placed at our table for my husband who requires no arms on his chair.

Is this still a practise or is there another way to place these types of requests?

Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes

The matrie'd should have hours on the afternoon of boarding day, check the Princess Patter or just go to the DR. Also, make sure you check your cruise personlizer for your dining assignment, and make corrections if it is not what you want.

Agree with above post; check your cruise personalizer first. If you don't see your dining reservation there; go to main dining room and have them arrange your table.

Yes

The matrie'd should have hours on the afternoon of boarding day, check the Princess Patter or just go to the DR. Also, make sure you check your cruise personlizer for your dining assignment, and make corrections if it is not what you want.

Thanks so much!

We may well be doing this in October. We are "confirmed" for 6:00 PM dining. On one cruise our "confirmation" was a bunch of hooey and they moved us to 5:15 dining. Too damn early. If this happens on any future cruises I will be in the MDR trying to get it changed. I have absolutely no desire to eat dinner at 5:15. I'd actually rather eat at 6:30 or 7:00 but that isn't even an option.

We may well be doing this in October. We are "confirmed" for 6:00 PM dining. On one cruise our "confirmation" was a bunch of hooey and they moved us to 5:15 dining. Too damn early. If this happens on any future cruises I will be in the MDR trying to get it changed. I have absolutely no desire to eat dinner at 5:15. I'd actually rather eat at 6:30 or 7:00 but that isn't even an option.

But, but, but 5:15 is when you get the early bird specials. Also it is when the dinner is freshest; rolls getting out of the oven, beef is rare. This must be so because the folks are lining up past the International Cafe by 4:30.

We changed to ATD sometime ago when not traveling with a group. We miss eating with the same wait staff but do like the flexibility of eating a bit later but before the late seatin. It all works.

But, but, but 5:15 is when you get the early bird specials. Also it is when the dinner is freshest; rolls getting out of the oven, beef is rare. This must be so because the folks are lining up past the International Cafe by 4:30.

We changed to ATD sometime ago when not traveling with a group. We miss eating with the same wait staff but do like the flexibility of eating a bit later but before the late seatin. It all works.

We chose Traditional Dining for our next cruise. I don't think I can face 28 days of, "Who are you? Where are you from?", etc. that goes along with ATD. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Will keep an eye out in the patter for the times. We have requested traditional dining for the late seating session, which usually isn't as popular so hopefully we can secure our 2 table and seating request.

This must be so because the folks are lining up past the International Cafe by 4:30.

I think they could open for dinner at 3:00, and people would like at 2:30.

For the original poster -- there is usually a hostess seating people in a queue to chat with the maitre d'.

Ask her first -- she can usually confirm if you are at a table for 2, etc -- and you don't have to wait

for the actual pope.

Has anyone had success changing from a later seating to a 6pm seating? Or from traditional to anytime? It's 3 of us and we are rethinking and regretting the 8pm dinner and I realize now we will miss all of the main shows. The 10pm show is too late for us especially with early port days

Has anyone had success changing from a later seating to a 6pm seating? Or from traditional to anytime? It's 3 of us and we are rethinking and regretting the 8pm dinner and I realize now we will miss all of the main shows. The 10pm show is too late for us especially with early port days

Yes. Just see the MD as explained here in this thread.

The MD has the power!

Try and get their early as the line gets long.

Yes, you can change from TD to ATD. Just go to the cruise personlizers and select your dining preference. Make sure you do this in all three files. Changes to ATD are easy. If for some reason your cruise card does not say ATD, then just visit the matrie'd on boarding day or any other day to make the change.

Shows & other evening entertainment. For many years now we have been using ATD. With ATD you can plan your dining around the evening activities and shows rather then the reverse. It has worked well for us.

Changing to ATD shouldn't be a problem. Changing from late seating to early seating may prove more problematic as there is generally a wait list for the earlier seating.