Any suite perks?

Jayneykul

we are looking at booking a cruise for July on Epic in a guarantee suite(lowestclass) there is a drinks package included but could anyone confirm if there are any perks with this class? Any help is appreciated

Right, okay... so anything you read about "suite perks" -- things like butlers, priority embarkation, breakfast/lunch at an exclusive location, Haven... none of those apply to mini suites.

The promotional perks can apply, though -- things like free beverage package, dining package, excursion credit, etc. etc...

You need to totally remove the word "suites" from anything you look at. They are not a suite, just an slightly larger balcony.

The problem is online sites often list them under the "suites" header to make it seem like prices for suites are lower than they really are. So it is very easy for someone to not understand the difference between a true suite and a mini-suite.

You need to totally remove the word "suites" from anything you look at. They are not a suite, just an slightly larger balcony.

And don't forget that deluxe balcony cabin may have a bath tub (not a spa or hot tub) instead of the "Psycho"

plastic shower curtain - and - perhaps 10 square centimeters of additional usable closet space !

I will do some research I have only sailed NCL once before years ago since then X & Cunard but this cruise seems v good value when you factor in the premium all inclusive!

It is! Just be aware of a few things.

1. As mention mini-suites are nothing like 'suites' so just be aware of that. Just slightly larger balcony rooms.

2. Any booking with X in the category will not include perks (i.e. The beverage package). It gets confusing because IX is an interior guarantee with no additional perks but you can also book an interior category with perks as a guarantee. But if you are looking at a MX or BX room there will be no included beverage package.

3. You'll know that the beverage package is in your booking because you have to pay a service fee for it. The logic is that it is the 'gratuities' for the package so it's 18% of the normal $79 price. Comes out to approx $14 pp pd.

NCL can provide a good value but only if that those added expenses into account.

Also, be aware that X also provides the beverage package free with most bookings. They don't charge the service fee on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aah right! It isn't that good then because the drinks package would not be included because it's a guarantee and even if it was I would still have $14 a day to pay! I'm so glad I posted this. Very grateful to you all

It isn't that good then because the drinks package would not be included because it's a guarantee and even if it was I would still have $14 a day to pay!
You were correct to begin with: The "enhanced" beverage package (i.e. UBP with specialty coffee at mealtimes and bottled water in the cabin) is included in your fare, for everyone in the cabin, including "X" categories, if you book through NCL UK. And there is no $14/day to pay. The poster you were responding to here did not realize you were in the UK, or was not aware that NCL's offer is different there.

we are looking at booking a cruise for July on Epic in a guarantee suite(lowestclass) there is a drinks package included but could anyone confirm if there are any perks with this class? Any help is appreciated

You get NO perks with a guarantee room. No drinks package. The Minisuite is a regular room, slightly bigger, with a larger shower. Remember, there is no bathrooms on the Epic, just a toilet stall on one side of the entrance walkway and a shower/tub on the other.

You get NO perks with a guarantee room. No drinks package.
One more time, the OP is in the UK, and all bookings, including guarantee bookings, now come with Premium All-Inclusive, which includes the UBP. This is something different from the Free At Sea perks, which are no longer offered in the UK.

THIS IS THE REASON NCL AND ANY LINE WHO PUTS "SUITE" AS PART OF THE CABIN NAME, WHEN IT IS NOT, SHOULD STOP! IMMEDIATELY! IT IS CONFUSING AND CRUSHES DREAMS!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums