Online Check In - credit card question

Just did online check in for our upcoming Anthem cruise on June 8. I skipped over the credit card part and just clicked "cash" and that's what it says on our SetSail passes - I assume we can change that at check in and put down a credit card then? Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Just did online check in for our upcoming Anthem cruise on June 8. I skipped over the credit card part and just clicked "cash" and that's what it says on our SetSail passes - I assume we can change that at check in and put down a credit card then? Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

You can change it at check-in and at Guest Services on board.

Just know that there is no such thing as cash payment on board.

Every thing is charged to your sea pass.

If you want to pay by cash you have to line up in the last night and pay with USD.

I personally would let RC have my CC info and save the hassle.

No we are fine with the credit card thing, I just didn't want to do it online today. We are fine doing it once we get there.

If you want to pay by cash you have to line up in the last night and pay with USD.

Just responding to this post; not important for the OP...

It's only a hassle if you go on that last night. Instead go by and put money down when the line is short it's very easy and quick. Or if you need to do something else like get a hole punched in the keycard etc. I like having and keeping a cash account, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's only a hassle if you go on that last night. Instead go by and put money down when the line is short it's very easy and quick.

Unless you put down exactly what the account charges will be, you will have to go the last night anyway to settle the account.:confused:

We always mark cash, and put cash on our account on day one. On the 2nd to the last night, we add our debit card for the remaining balance. We have done this on our last severa cruises and it has worked great. There have been no issues.

Make sure that you stipulate that you want your onboard account in USD and you want your credit card company to take care of the currency conversion. RCCL's conversion rate will be even worse than your credit card company's!

Make sure that you stipulate that you want your onboard account in USD and you want your credit card company to take care of the currency conversion. RCCL's conversion rate will be even worse than your credit card company's!

But if u want your account in Euro is this ok, surely then you won't have any currency conversion ???

But if u want your account in Euro is this ok, surely then you won't have any currency conversion ???

All onboard charges are in USD. I suspect you would still be better off having your credit card company doing the conversion from USD to Euro.

Tk u - Iearning something new everyday this site is great [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I always tell Royal (during online check in and during the boarding process) not to convert our balance from US $ to Euro, but you have to check it the last day when you get your balance.

Last cruise they billed us in Euro and I had to go to guest services the morning of debarkation to get it fixed: RCCL adds 3% conversion fee to the normal coversion rate. Our bank takes no fee at all, so it is a big win for Royal if they do the conversion.

For us it was 'only' 12 Euro difference between Royal and bank conversion but if they get that amount from everyone with a creditcard in a foreign currency it is a nice extra profit...

Thanks for the heads up!! I didn't even know that was possible, but THANK YOU!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I printed my guest booklet and documents and set sail however no where on this does it mention we have two deluxe drinks package [emoji50] should I phone them or is this normal ...

It was mentioned on the invoice we received after final Payment

I printed my guest booklet and documents and set sail however no where on this does it mention we have two deluxe drinks package [emoji50] should I phone them or is this normal ...

Try asking whoever booked your cruise for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. If the packages do now show on that document, then print out the confirmation emails you received when you purchased the packages.

Guest maddycat

Bring a copy of your invoice if it shows the drink package as paid.

Try asking whoever booked your cruise for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. If the packages do now show on that document, then print out the confirmation emails you received when you purchased the packages.

I booked with royal direct over the phone ...

Best maybe to phone them before I go [emoji849][emoji849]

I booked with royal direct over the phone ...

Best maybe to phone them before I go [emoji849][emoji849]

If you booked direct with Royal over the phone, try this number for an automated way to get a booking comfirmation: 866-562-7625, press #4.

I've phoned them they advised this information deluxe package or gratitudes don't show in this guest booklet however it can be seen on my booking reference therefore it will be ok [emoji15][emoji15] lets hope so I will take a copy of final invoice to e sure to be sure