Solarium Bistro - Standard Practice or one-off perk

We just got off Oasis on Sunday, and had one thing happen that was really great (in a cruise that was excellent overall). When we boarded, we went up to the Solarium Bistro to make BOGO dinner reservations for the first night, and the Maitre D' said that because we were MTD dinner was complimentary. I thought it was just a one off for the first night, but we ate dinner there two other times during the cruise and it was complimentary each time. Is this one of those "hidden" perks, or was it truly a one-off experience?

Yes in my (and others) cruise planners, it shows as free on Oasis.

What I wasn't clear on is what the menu is now. There were a couple of menus circulating at one time. Would love to see what they're actually offering right now, or even hear a few menu items if you remember!

Yes in my (and others) cruise planners, it shows as free on Oasis.

What I wasn't clear on is what the menu is now. There were a couple of menus circulating at one time. Would love to see what they're actually offering right now, or even hear a few menu items if you remember!

I could make a full meal just from the appetizers, but one night we had grilled shrimp; one night we had salmon, and one night we had the steak. Why I asked is that we were on Oasis in March, and it was still an upcharge restaurant in the evenings (~$20pp). If it is truly free now, we will probably eat there even more evenings when we're back on Oasis in August. :)

Solarium was free on HOS in Feb...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was it crowded? Need reservations? I was thinking of using SB if MYD lines long.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was it crowded? Need reservations? I was thinking of using SB if MYD lines long.

Thanks

My BIL ate there with his girlfriend - I am not sure if it was crowded, but he had made reservations before boarding. They really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No comparison to the Windjammer IMO. Much better. We had a delightful meal there on the last night of the cruise. I had booked before boarding, and it was free. If I'd known how good it was going to be, we would have eaten there more often. Although it was not terribly crowded, a reservation is probably a good idea. Service was excellent and food was delicious. I agree with PP that the appetizers and salads could make a full meal by themselves.

Its like the WJ with less options and a plated main course!

Not even close. The appetizer selections were top notch, and presentation were really nicely done. The main courses we had were as good as or better than what we ordered in either Giovanni's or Chops, and the solarium atmosphere at night is not to be missed. The only dinner we enjoyed more was ordering sushi to go from Izumi and having a romantic dinner on our balcony:D

Thanks

I would. We made reservations on the stateroom TV and that worked out well for us. We usually got there a bit early (~30 minutes) and never had to wait for a table for two. All in all a very relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a spectacular view of the ocean at night.