UBP True or False Question

Because I really don't know what our plans are for our November cruise, I switched from the excursion credits to the UBP.

I asked our NCL guy (we are booking directly through NCL) about getting sodas and nonalcoholic drinks for our son (age 14). He said we could through our beverage package. I'm skeptical.

I know we will probably see our son for meals but for the majority of the time he will be off with his cousins. If we are eating together can I ask for a soda and another drink for me and then give it to my son? That seems weird and based on other threads here, not something that NCL would do, or would they? He's out of luck if he wants a soda or something while I'm not around right? Should I just buy the soda package for him?

Because I really don't know what our plans are for our November cruise, I switched from the excursion credits to the UBP.

I asked our NCL guy (we are booking directly through NCL) about getting sodas and nonalcoholic drinks for our son (age 14). He said we could through our beverage package. I'm skeptical.

I know we will probably see our son for meals but for the majority of the time he will be off with his cousins. If we are eating together can I ask for a soda and another drink for me and then give it to my son? That seems weird and based on other threads here, not something that NCL would do, or would they? He's out of luck if he wants a soda or something while I'm not around right? Should I just buy the soda package for him?

That's NOT they way the package is supposed to work. From their website: "Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable."

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Your question can be answered with both True, or False. The easiest solution, especially if your son drinks more than 2-3 soft drinks per day (Pepsi products by the glass!!!), would be buy him his own Soda Pakage! He will get a sticker on his key card and may order his own soft drinks (again, by the glass) wherever he wants to be. The other way can be awkward and time consuming!

Thank you for the super speedy reply! I will get him the soda package then and I won't have to worry about it. When the NCL rep told me I could get him sodas during dinner I was immediately skeptical, but I didn't want to argue with him because what do I know? But I also didn't want to get on the ship thinking my son's drinks were taken care of.

Thanks again!

I was on the Jade last month and had the UBP. We had a group of six each night at dinner. I along with my wife would usually order a mixed drink. The rest of our group would usually order sodas (although sometimes they would order mixed drinks as well). Each night, they would take my card and scan it for everyone's drinks . No one else had to show a card. We all DID have the UBP, but they didn't know that as they never asked for anyone else's card. I always had my card out and ready to hand over, so they just took mine.

I could be wrong, but I thought when choosing UBP as a free offer guests 1/2 get it and 3+ get the soda package automatically. Might be worth checking your online booking to see if it shows all guests with a package or wait until you get onboard and purchase (after you leave port to avoid the FL sales tax) to see if the soda is prep printed on his card.

Am I thinking about something else? I can't see the US offers in the UK, and now we have AI, but that is how I remember it working it worked.

The easiest answer is to just get the soda package. However , we were on the GA last year, and if we went up to a bar and ordered an alcoholic drink and a soda, they only took my card and didn't ask or want my daughters card for the soda. But basically if he wants to get a soda without you, he would need his card with the soda package.

When the NCL rep told me I could get him sodas during dinner I was immediately skeptical, but I didn't want to argue with him because what do I know?

Stick around long enough and you will be very skeptical of about everything an NCL rep tells you. Many are either poorly trained or dishonest or both.

OK, am I losing my mind??

T&Cs used to say "one beverage per person per transaction" and then I read somewhere that they now allowed "2 beverages per person per transaction" and now reading the T&Cs Happy provided..... it's back to one....

Am I crazy about reading the two change? If not, would someone have the link? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Thx

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

We have been on three NCL cruises where our kids did not have soda packages (they don't typically drink soda). On several nights at dinner I told them if they wanted a soda just to order it and I would just pay for it. I was never ever charged for a soda even after I told the wait staff I did not have a soda package for the kids. Must be some sort of unwritten rule (or they wanted a bigger tip).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NO that would be theft.

We have been on three NCL cruises where our kids did not have soda packages (they don't typically drink soda). On several nights at dinner I told them if they wanted a soda just to order it and I would just pay for it. I was never ever charged for a soda even after I told the wait staff I did not have a soda package for the kids. Must be some sort of unwritten rule (or they wanted a bigger tip).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

or they did not want to do the paperwork

or, as mentioned, hoping for a better tip.

It's all kind of moot at this point since on past cruises I would see my son in the morning and at meal times since he makes friends at the kids club and I won't be there to get him drinks anyway. Best if he has the soda package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Should I just buy the soda package for him?

A grammar cop would pull you over for "True or False question" per your thread title.

It's more of a "Yes or No" question.

Accurate replies provided nonetheless.

Good thing I'm not a grammar cop.;p

A grammar cop would pull you over for "True or False question" per your thread title.

It's more of a "Yes or No" question.

Accurate replies provided nonetheless.

Good thing I'm not a grammar cop.;p

Maybe. Maybe not.

Depends on which question you are referring to.

He was told that his son did not need the soda package by someone at NCL and he was skeptical of that information. To that, he wanted to know if that information was TRUE or FALSE.

Should he buy it question - Yep, that is YES or NO.

LOL and have a great cruise everybody. LOL again.