Anyone ever had to use the trundle bed?

john91498

My Carnival rep booked my 3 teen sons in an interior with a trundle bed. She suggested that instead of squeezing us into a suite for 5. When I looked at the size of the bed I thought, "are you kidding me?" We have a fallback in that my husband and I have the suite with a sleeper sofa, so one of the boys can sleep there. Check out the size of trundle on-line. It is much smaller than a twin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your 7 year old will be perfectly happy on a trundle. We intentionally book cabins that require a trundle rather than an upper because my daughter does not like the bunk. The trundle mattress is much more comfortable. I prefer it to the hard beds they have now, but my daughter won't give it up. I do strongly suggest you set up the beds in a U shape in the room. The trundle will slide slightly under the desk. The trundle alone is kind of short, but they have an extender that makes it 12 inches longer. They have always put that on automatically for us. It is only slightly narrower than a twin, but certainly big enough, especially for a child.

We have stayed in an inside with 1 teen and put the other two teens in interior bunks. The third teen staying with us ALWAYS stayed in the bunks room. They all took turns sleeping on the floor with a large sheet and blankets. They were on a cruise and wanted to ALL stay together. They were on a cruise! They didn't care where they slept ;)

Does anyone know which ships and types of staterooms have trundle beds? I didn't know these existed and feel like they might work best for a child. I'd like to bring my son on his first cruise when he turns 3.

We also have to use the pullman and trundle for our OV room. Kids aged 17 and 12. Was wondering how we manage the trundle during the day? Can we leave it out if we like or will steward put it away each day (figures it makes cleaning the room easier with it out of the way?)

Please remember that there are rollaway beds, which are the same size as a twin, and trundle beds, which are shorter but can have the extension added. Here is a picture of an inside with a rollaway on Fascination:

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

Please remember that there are rollaway beds, which are the same size as a twin, and trundle beds, which are shorter but can have the extension added. Here is a picture of an inside with a rollaway on Fascination:

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

Looks comfy for a kid. Why do they call them trundle?

No, my 6'3" son did not sleep on it. It was for our friends much shorter daughter but we made him lay on it so we could take the picture [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ack! My youngest is 6' 1" and that's what I feared. I think he can make due with a standard twin though.

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

EM - how do you go about requesting a rollaway? First thing from the room steward?

4015b932cdd3c2ad3760fa964703127f.jpg

No, my 6'3" son did not sleep on it. It was for our friends much shorter daughter but we made him lay on it so we could take the picture [emoji23]

Request the leg extension. It's not on the trundle in the picture.

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

Best way to arrange the beds with more than two beds. Lots of walking around room. Sometimes the stewards will simply split the king into twins, but the beds need to be along the wall/under the window (faux window IS)