Live From Escape: 5/20-5/27

We stayed at the Epic several years ago when it had just opened. I think we paid $99 a night at that time. Lovely hotel! Can't afford the prices they charge now! $130 is a good deal for there. We will be boarding the Escape when you get off next Saturday! [emoji41][emoji267][emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have some family in Miami, so we spent much of the afternoon catching up with little to report. Uneventful, as I promised today might be.

Had to stop in and brag on the Kimpton Epic, however. Didn't have much opportunity to appreciate the amenities today, but came home late tonight with plans for an average room service dinner. No pictures, unfortunately, as I didn't expect it to be a meal worth writing about. Boy was I wrong. Really excellent burger, Steak Frites with truffle fries that were both worthy of a legit steakhouse. Can only assume this all came from the restaurant in the hotel -- come here for the food if awesome rooftop pools and waterfront views aren't your thing for some reason.

For those worried about my sobriety, putting a good hurting on a bottle of CVS wine. Because there's nothing like a cheap wine hangover to start a cruise.

8e4f0b495aa22930bd8e573ea0203be0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Christopherfar, I will be on the Escape (Western Itinerary) Sept. 16th.

Can you take photos of the MDR menus. I have purchased the SDP, and want to see what three nights to make reservations for.

Hoping you have a fantastic week!!! Thanks Brian

Disembarked this morning from the Haven...she is an amazing ship and the Western Caribbean was wonderful!!! My hubby won the beer contest at the brewhouse (not really any competition, so he was able to stay away from Sminoff Ice, and a few other not so tasty choices, lol)

On our sailing 9am seemed to be arrival time of those who got Vibe passes!!

Have a wonderful Vacation!!

Tell me more about this beer competition.

I recall there being an "all time leader" type thing that first timers like me have no chance of winning.... Is there also a competition by sailing?!?

There is a competition every sailing with chance to win a growler and beer glass!! There are only 10 slots available, and need to sign up as soon as possible! Only down side is people sign up who don't actually ever come back to the brewhouse!, this last week there was no chance to make the all-time leader board as they didn't have 86 beers available!!

Tell me more about this beer competition.

I recall there being an "all time leader" type thing that first timers like me have no chance of winning.... Is there also a competition by sailing?!?

Oh I remember the contest. It's how many different beers you try not how many you drink. They update a board above the bar with top leaders. I actually managed to stay at #1 for about 4 days. Took pics for bragging rights. Very fun!

My husband won that beer contest last year on Escape. Total for the week was 67 different beers. Love that brew house. As Doug said, it was "home".

We spent the majority of our evenings the Brewhouse or at Howl at the Moon with Drew and his lovely Wife Danielle (who got lucky and were able to sign onto the same ship for their contract). Ravi was amazing and made sure that my DH always had a beer!!!

While we wait to board, how about some social commentary. The first come first served setup for Vibe passes truly brings out the worst in people. Manners kind of go out the window. It's everyone for themselves in that security line. If you so much as take a step in the wrong direction, you'll be suspected of attempting to cut the line. I should know, I almost accused an old lady of it...

While in Terminal B, Boarding will begin over by the restrooms... The ship is facing out to sea, which means you'll likely board forward on Deck 7. Head down 1 flight of stairs and go Aft towards the glass staircase. (Past Guest Services and the Atrium Bar) Headliners will be on your right after you pass through the art gallery... Good Luck...

Ok. Hard part is done. Got my group one and am in the waiting area.

Question for the experts: I'll be boarding from Terminal B. What's the best way to get to Headliners once I'm on?

f92fbcf8e450d62e90cb62d95ef1016a.jpg