On board booking

Islandbuoy

I've done it but backwards, booked rccl then switched to celebrity after a couple months. But we did choose the instant obc so really nothing to lose. Kept the $100 deposit even tho celebrity is $150

Is it possible to exchange a celebrity on board booking ( for a Celeb ship) for a Royal C. cruise?

No. I tried to get them to at least apply the deposit amount that we paid for a Future Passages booked onboard Infinity to a Royal Caribbean cruise on Legend (while they still owned it). I was willing to accept that there would be no additional benefit (like we would have had if we used it on X), just the dollar amount we paid applied to the Royal cruise. They wouldn't do it. We had tried to use the Future Passages several different times on X, and each time we did, it could not be combined with a sale that X and/or our TA was having. We finally just wanted to use the deposit paid, since the money was spent, but we couldn't get any benefit from it. After several years trying to use it unsuccessfully, we got our TA to convince X to refund the deposit, but it wasn't easy!

No. I tried to get them to at least apply the deposit amount that we paid for a Future Passages booked onboard Infinity to a Royal Caribbean cruise on Legend (while they still owned it). I was willing to accept that there would be no additional benefit (like we would have had if we used it on X), just the dollar amount we paid applied to the Royal cruise. They wouldn't do it. We had tried to use the Future Passages several different times on X, and each time we did, it could not be combined with a sale that X and/or our TA was having. We finally just wanted to use the deposit paid, since the money was spent, but we couldn't get any benefit from it. After several years trying to use it unsuccessfully, we got our TA to convince X to refund the deposit, but it wasn't easy!

We finally used Future Cruises on our last trip and we were fortunate to be able to get clairification of the process and we actually booked 3 cruises and obtained all the future cruises perks, current X perks, and TA's special pricing (if our TA has one) and TA's OBC. We transferred all 3 bookings out after the cruise and the process worked!

We finally used Future Cruises on our last trip and we were fortunate to be able to get clairification of the process and we actually booked 3 cruises and obtained all the future cruises perks, current X perks, and TA's special pricing (if our TA has one) and TA's OBC. We transferred all 3 bookings out after the cruise and the process worked!

Glad it worked for someone!. After our experience I'm not sure I'm willing to do it again, but exactly how did you do it? Did you book using the Future Passage on board, then transfer to your TA? Our TA is one of the big online ones that often sponsor Cruise Critic newsletters and we've always been pleased with their service. They tend to always find a way to say yes to our requests, but when trying to combine the Future Passages with their big sales, it was non-combinable. I didn't try to book on board and then transfer to them afterwards.

Glad it worked for someone!. After our experience I'm not sure I'm willing to do it again, but exactly how did you do it? Did you book using the Future Passage on board, then transfer to your TA? Our TA is one of the big online ones that often sponsor Cruise Critic newsletters and we've always been pleased with their service. They tend to always find a way to say yes to our requests, but when trying to combine the Future Passages with their big sales, it was non-combinable. I didn't try to book on board and then transfer to them afterwards.

The main thing is that you cannot book thru the online TA first because the reservation number cannot be used for Future Cruises. But the reverse works. I had initially booked thru a big box TA for 2 of the cruises as they have special rate. I rebooked while on the cruise with new reservation numbers. I then went back to the big box TA to cancel the old bookings. They used the new reservation numbers, change the pricing and added their other perks. I saved a total of about 7K on 2 cruises. Future Cruises assured me that all their OBC and perks remain with the new pricing. The big box store also confirmed it. That paid for my 3rd cruise. For my 3rd cruise, there was no special pricing, but still, I got several hundreds of OBC from my TA.