Just off the Allure with new itinery.

Question: How was your experience with the pools? Were the chair hogs out in full force? I just realized after reading a recent cruise planner that the pools do not open until 11:00 am. Wondering how early the hogs start their day claiming the chairs.

Ports:

Nassau-I downloaded a walking tour and we walked in the rain and thunderstorm. We talked to people on board that had snorkling tours that cancelled because of the lightening.

St Thomas- We rented a car and went to Saphire Beach, Meagans Bay and Mountain Top. It was a good day.

St Kitts- again we walked around town for a couple of hours. Next time we will go to the beach but we were beached out.

Is Mountain Top the place with the banana daiquiris? I've been there but don't remember much;p

Question: How was your experience with the pools? Were the chair hogs out in full force? I just realized after reading a recent cruise planner that the pools do not open until 11:00 am. Wondering how early the hogs start their day claiming the chairs.

I was on that cruise as well. We spent our time around the kiddie pool area. No problems getting chairs in sun or shade at 10-ish. Past 11, though, traffic started picking up and by noon it was standing room only. We spent the afternoons elsewhere.

We just spent our 40th anniversary on the amazing Allure of the Seas.

Was a 40th anniversary an unspoken specialization or requirement for that cruise? :) We celebrated ours as well - and also the first night at Giovanni's. (Table of 12)

We had a blast.

I was on that cruise as well. We spent our time around the kiddie pool area. No problems getting chairs in sun or shade at 10-ish. Past 11, though, traffic started picking up and by noon it was standing room only. We spent the afternoons elsewhere.

Cut, copied and pasted to my cruise notes; much obliged!

We had rain the first 2 days then 2 port days. The last 2 sea days there were many chairs the hogs had claimed with their boca clips and flip flops before 8am but there were still plenty of chairs until around 11. The pool that the chairs sit in seemed to be the most popular. It is almost impossible to move around the pool deck area on sea days. Have fun!

What do you mean, the pools don't open until 11 am ?? What about people who get up really early to swim laps before the pools fill up ?? Honestly, if I had been aware of this, I would not have booked on the Allure. We sail September 10th and I am no longer excited about my cruise !! Do they net them to prevent people from entering ?? Is there an "adult" pool where swimmers have earlier access ?? I just feel sick to my stomach, it's that important to me.

What do you mean, the pools don't open until 11 am ?? What about people who get up really early to swim laps before the pools fill up ?? Honestly, if I had been aware of this, I would not have booked on the Allure. We sail September 10th and I am no longer excited about my cruise !! Do they net them to prevent people from entering ?? Is there an "adult" pool where swimmers have earlier access ?? I just feel sick to my stomach, it's that important to me.

Our experience has been that there's at least one pool open 24 hours.

Look at the compasses that were linked earlier in this thread, at least one pool is open at 8 am and it looks like one opens as late as 11am but they rotate which pool opens early. There are now lifeguards assigned to each pool so that could be the reasoning behind it.

We just got off the Allure and are not pool people, but we did go up to the Wipeout Cafe on the pool deck for breakfast each morning and there were pools open when we went up. Most mornings we were heading to breakfast no later than 8:30am. We were not out on the pool deck late but the compasses show at least one pool open until 11pm. I do not know if they rope and net them off when there isn't a lifeguard on duty as. Maybe someone else who just got off was out there really early or late.

I noticed that they had one pool for lap swimming each morning. They also have water aerobics on the schedule in the same pool. You will love the Allure!

I noticed that they had one pool for lap swimming each morning. They also have water aerobics on the schedule in the same pool. You will love the Allure!

A big THANK YOU to all who replied to my pool post !! I am old (like when dinosaurs ruled the earth), round and have a bad knee and arthritis in my hips. When I swim for an hour or so in the beginning of the day, I can walk pain free for the rest of the day. On a huge ship like Allure, that could have been a big deal.

Thanks again, I will check out the Compass link too.

Ok, so I'm only 64, but the other stuff was no exaggeration ; )

i sail september 24th.

isnt the solarium pool adults only?

was there really queues just to enter the windjammer?

all kids should be at school in the uk on 24th sept, i guess it varys alot over there but the 24th is not a main school holiday week is it?

Edited by leono1

i sail september 24th.

all kids should be at school in the uk on 24th sept, i guess it varys alot over there but the 24th is not a main school holiday week is it?

Yes, there were long line to get into the Windjammer at breakfast and lunch if you go during population times. Your TV will have availability posted on each restaurant so you can make a decision where to go eat.

i sail september 24th.

Kids are back in school right after Labor Day, so September 5th is the usual first day of school. Many parents take shoulder season vacations, so there may be a few when I go on the 10th, but you should be ok.

Yes, there were long line to get into the Windjammer at breakfast and lunch if you go during population times. Your TV will have availability posted on each restaurant so you can make a decision where to go eat.

Queuing/avalibility for the WJ is disappointing.

Maybe my week won't be full ship??!! :-D

Kids are back in school right after Labor Day, so September 5th is the usual first day of school. Many parents take shoulder season vacations, so there may be a few when I go on the 10th, but you should be ok.

That news isn't as disappointing :D

Queuing/avalibility for the WJ is disappointing.

Maybe my week won't be full ship??!! :-D

Ship is always full. Either go to WJ at off times, or use one of the several other "free" options.

Ship is always full. Either go to WJ at off times, or use one of the several other "free" options.

What other free options are available?? Just booked this ship for Jan. Will be culture shock after cruising on a 700 passenger ship in September. Got an excellent price so decided to try it. It's all good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What other free options are available?? Just booked this ship for Jan. Will be culture shock after cruising on a 700 passenger ship in September. Got an excellent price so decided to try it. It's all good!!

"Free" food options on Allure: Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Solarium Cafe (breakfast and lunch), Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

"Free" food options on Allure: Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Solarium Cafe (breakfast and lunch), Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

And don't forget Boardwalk Donuts:D.

There is also a light breakfast in the Diamond Lounge if you are a member.

And don't forget Boardwalk Donuts:D.

There is also a light breakfast in the Diamond Lounge if you are a member.

And of course the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen if one has access.