Just off the Allure with new itinery.

"Free" food options on Allure: Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Solarium Cafe (breakfast and lunch), Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

Thanks.

I inquired about booking the first night using the 50% off. Giovanni's was my choice. However I was told that I would make a reservation and Rccl would decide which restaurant. That just doesn't seem right. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

I inquired about booking the first night using the 50% off. Giovanni's was my choice. However I was told that I would make a reservation and Rccl would decide which restaurant. That just doesn't seem right. Oh well.

They give you a break on the price so you can fill slots left open by those who are paying full price pre-cruise. So, even though they pick your first restaurant, you are normally able to change that once onboard, pending availability.

Thanks.

I went to Giovannis as soon as I boarded, 11:15 and booked it with them direct. No problem at all.

Solarium Cafe

Can anyone tell me what sort of menu the Solarium Café has for breakfast and lunch? We are first timers on RC ship, husband likes full cooked breakfast and I like a 'slightly' more healthy breakfast

Thanks

There is no menu, the Solarium Cafe is a buffet for breakfast and lunch. Lunch offerings vary a bit, day to day, but breakfast is pretty much the same as Windjammer, with fewer choices (though supposedly healthier) and turkey bacon instead of the real stuff.

With regard to breakfast, there are no "made-to-order" eggs. You have to go to the MDR, Johnny Rockets, or Wipeout Cafe for that.

Solarium Cafe

Can anyone tell me what sort of menu the Solarium Café has for breakfast and lunch? We are first timers on RC ship, husband likes full cooked breakfast and I like a 'slightly' more healthy breakfast

Thanks

I went in there every day they were open for the angelfood cupcakes. Yum

• 7 months later...

We will be going on the Allure for the third time in April. The Allure is my favorite ship. We have been on the Oasis and the Harmony. I have one question about the Allure, do they have the WOW bands. We had them on the Harmony and loved the convenience of not having to carry our sign and sail cards with us all over the ship and to get in to our cabin. I have searched the boards but I have not seen a definite answer. Thanks in advance.

OP, you mentioned that you had an 8:30 flight home. What time did you disembark? Some people think you have to disembark at 5:30 for a 9-9:30 flight. We disembarked Harmony at 7:30 for our 9:30 flight and arrived at the aiport at 8:00 a.m. We will be on Allure in May and plan to do what we did on Harmony: self disembark at 7:30:)

So glad you had a great time!

Edited by ptf2009
grammar

We will be going on the Allure for the third time in April. The Allure is my favorite ship. We have been on the Oasis and the Harmony. I have one question about the Allure, do they have the WOW bands. We had them on the Harmony and loved the convenience of not having to carry our sign and sail cards with us all over the ship and to get in to our cabin. I have searched the boards but I have not seen a definite answer. Thanks in advance.

No, just Harmony and Quantum class ships so far. We also really liked the convenience when we were on Harmony. Maybe one day the program will be expanded!

"Free" food options on Allure: Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Solarium Cafe (breakfast and lunch), Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

I didn’t realize the food items in the Vitality Cafe were “free.” When we walked by it on our way to work out on Harmony I thought I saw prices next to the selections. Please advise. Thank you.

We just spent our 40th anniversary on the amazing Allure of the Seas.

These are my impressions of this spectacular ship:

Diamond lounge: Great place to hang out the first 2 nights. When we went after hours 8:30ish and later the last few nights there was a really rowdy group upstairs, not Diamond members, that totally ruined the ambience. We ate breakfast there one morning.

Sorry, can you explain this.

"not Diamond members" .. can non Diamond members go to the DL after a certain time?:confused:

"not Diamond members" .. can non Diamond members go to the DL after a certain time?:confused:

I'm wondering if the Chef's Table is still held on the upper deck of the DL on Allure.

Unfortunately, the Diamond lounge is only for Diamond and above. The rest of us can only dream!:D

Unfortunately, the Diamond lounge is only for Diamond and above. The rest of us can only dream!:D

I realize that. However, the OP posted there were non-Diamond that were being disruptive.:confused::confused:

I realize that. However, the OP posted there were non-Diamond that were being disruptive.:confused::confused:

On Allure now. They have a chefs table dinner upstairs in the diamond lounge each evening. Usually ask people to leave the upper level diamond lounge early from cocktail hour to accommodate chefs table. We have been leaving about 7:15 so hasn’t affected us but a few people we spoke to were affected and not pleased.

Hello, A few questions....a. what is a "compass" b. when you said you hired a car - did you rent a car yourself and drive through St. Thomas? Sounds interesting. c. I thought there was a strict "no saving Chairs" rule. It always drives me crazy when people do that....

Hello, A few questions....a. what is a "compass" b. when you said you hired a car - did you rent a car yourself and drive through St. Thomas? Sounds interesting. c. I thought there was a strict "no saving Chairs" rule. It always drives me crazy when people do that....

The Cruise Compass is what Royal calls the daily schedule of events and activities that is distributed to all staterooms.

Queuing/avalibility for the WJ is disappointing.

Maybe my week won't be full ship??!! :-D

We've been on Allure four times and our last cruise was a few weeks ago. We didn't even go to the WJ until the last day of the cruise. There are plenty of places to eat lunch with no lines and no extra $$. As another poster stated, one can also enjoy the WJ at non-peak times with no lines. Don't worry. Just enjoy your cruise.

We've been on Allure four times and our last cruise was a few weeks ago. We didn't even go to the WJ until the last day of the cruise. There are plenty of places to eat lunch with no lines and no extra $$. As another poster stated, one can also enjoy the WJ at non-peak times with no lines. Don't worry. Just enjoy your cruise.

On Allure now. Long lines constantly at WJ. We managed to be able to try it on a Jamaican port day for lunch. No line that day but the food was the worst I have seen in 25 cruises. Plenty of other places to eat. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

What was your stateroom # we are going in a month and have a boardwalk room would love to know how it was.

We were also on this cruise last week. We are essentially first time cruisers, as we first cruised on our honeymoon 29 years ago... and things have change a LOT since then! I couldn't believe the sheer enormity of the ship when I first saw it. We also had Boardwalk view balcony staterooms. I agree about the noise at night but neither my husband or I were particularly bothered by it. And as you said, after midnight it really settles down. I enjoyed the food. Most mornings we ate in the Solarium Bistro. The Solarium ended up being one of our favorite places on the ship to hang out. We ate dinner in American Icon every night except the last 2, when we were at Giovanni's Table and Chops.

We opted for excursions offered through RCCL. We had good experiences on all. The driver in Nassau altered the route a bit to account for the rainy weather, and that worked out fine. In St. Thomas we were dropped downtown to do some shopping after our beach/snorkeling experience, then took a taxi back to the ship.

I agree embarkation and disembarking were easy. In fact, I wish I'd known just how quickly we would be off the ship because I scheduled a 1:00 p.m. flight out of FLL and we were at the airport just before 9. It all worked out.

All in all, we had a great time. I'd love to do it again someday.

Our stateroom was #12299... our two sons were a few doors down in #12308. I liked that we had a neat view looking down at the Boardwalk, and we could see the water since the back of the ship is open. I found several photo tours and a video or two of identical staterooms online so we knew exactly how much drawer and closet space there would be. We are pretty easy going people so there just wasn't anything we thought was lacking or insufficient, space-wise. If the room was a place we were going to spend all our time I might have wished it was bigger but, honestly, we were in and out through the day and everything was fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Our stateroom was #12299... our two sons were a few doors down in #12308. I liked that we had a neat view looking down at the Boardwalk, and we could see the water since the back of the ship is open. I found several photo tours and a video or two of identical staterooms online so we knew exactly how much drawer and closet space there would be. We are pretty easy going people so there just wasn't anything we thought was lacking or insufficient, space-wise. If the room was a place we were going to spend all our time I might have wished it was bigger but, honestly, we were in and out through the day and everything was fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much![emoji2]

They give you a break on the price so you can fill slots left open by those who are paying full price pre-cruise. So, even though they pick your first restaurant, you are normally able to change that once onboard, pending availability.

My son is on Oasis right now and he purchased FNDR. When he boarded yesterday he went directly to the restaurant and was able to get his reservation changed from 150 to Chops. Not sure that always is the case, but more times than not I've heard success stories.