Booking on a Sold Out Cruise

webj

Hi,

We are cruising on Royal Princess from Rome to Athens in August 2017. That cruise is now sold out. But we have a few friends who would like to join us.

When I talk to my travel agent, they told me that usually there are lot of cancellations around end of June. this is because, people have to pay up the entire booking amount, and no longer can hold them spot with refundable $100/person.

I just want to ask you all if that is true and if my friends should wait till end of June to find a spot on a sold out cruise.

Thanks

Also, we have two inside staterooms with 2 people per room. We would rather have a balcony that fits 4 people. How long should we wait to find that balcony room. Can I makes changes after I pay for my inside staterooms?

Also, we have two inside staterooms with 2 people per room. We would rather have a balcony that fits 4 people. How long should we wait to find that balcony room. Can I makes changes after I pay for my inside staterooms?

A good TA should be able to take care of everything for you.

Have your friends get on a waitlist with Princess. Also, check a couple of times a day even when you are on a waitlist as sometimes Princess doesn't look at the waitlist first.

What your TA said is correct, people cancel at final payment date. What sailing/date are you on?

Hopefully 2 of the 4 people are children.. 4 adults in one balcony, you will need a vacation after your trip.

The cruise is sold out.

Final payment is due next month.......June!!!!!

The $1 deposit is moot, the cruise is SOLD OUT!!!!

When your friends book now if they clear the waitlist they pay the full amount due very soon after booking.

If you want a balcony you best get on a waitlist for one ASAP!!

If your friends want to go they need to pay a $200 refundable wait list deposit ASAP!!

DO NOT WAIT for cabins to open up.

You may never see any on the website.

The cruise is capacity controlled. Only so many 3rd and 4th cabins are allowed.

Quad cabins are few and far between and chances of them opening up is slim.

DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR TA!!

Ugghhh... I would rather not cruise than cram 4 into a balcony cabin - or any cabin for that matter. If the 4 people are all adults you may well hate each other by the end of the cruise.

Ugghhh... I would rather not cruise than cram 4 into a balcony cabin - or any cabin for that matter. If the 4 people are all adults you may well hate each other by the end of the cruise.

I agree. I've read where 4 adults stay in the same cabin. Good for them. I'm sure it's a matter of not being able to cruise unless they do it this way and if it works for them, great. I'm so happy I can afford to cruise with just two in my cabin. I recently cruised with my brother and cousins. All of us had two in our cabin on the same deck. We loved it. We could hang out in each other's balcony but still have plenty of space within each of our cabins. If the only choice I had was to sale with 4 per cabin I would do it. I'm blessed that we can all have our balcony cabins and our space. :):):)

Hi,

We are cruising on Royal Princess from Rome to Athens in August 2017. That cruise is now sold out. But we have a few friends who would like to join us.

When I talk to my travel agent, they told me that usually there are lot of cancellations around end of June. this is because, people have to pay up the entire booking amount, and no longer can hold them spot with refundable $100/person.

I just want to ask you all if that is true and if my friends should wait till end of June to find a spot on a sold out cruise.

Thanks

Don't have your friends wait--have them get on the waiting list right away as there may already be people on it. A few years ago, I was on a waitlist for two cabins as #22 and 23 and didn't think we would clear, but shortly after final payment was due there were enough cancelations that we cleared the waitlist and was able to go.

We had an inside cabin waitlisted as I was told the chances are better if you are open to booking any category, so that might have helped.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I got my friend on the waitlist for a Mini-Suite that fits 4 people. This is a family (two adults and two kids, 10 & 7); so they would like to have their kids stay with them in their Suite. Anyways, they are waitlist #5. I am not sure if there is a chance for them to get on the ship.

I got my friend on the waitlist for a Mini-Suite that fits 4 people. This is a family (two adults and two kids, 10 & 7); so they would like to have their kids stay with them in their Suite. Anyways, they are waitlist #5. I am not sure if there is a chance for them to get on the ship.

If they really want to get on the ship I would waitlist insides and balconies also.

Chances would be easier for 2 people in a cabin as often they restrict 4 people cabins to 2 people due to capacity being full.