MSc for Me app

AlanDoheny

With so many new things onboard, I reckon we would have been very happy had we booked a Fantastica balcony cabin instead of YC. The new flexi-dining in the MDR, while not MyChoice, still offers more options than heretofore. Plus, with us doing at least one of the Cirque "dinner with spectacle" (and considering booking the second show, too) and having 2 complimentary dining nights in Speciality Restaurants, we will only be eating in YC restaurant 3/4 nights out of the 7. If we'd not booked YC, we'd be trying out the buffet for dinner, which would mean only using the MDR on perhaps 1-2 nights.

There's the "24 hour food venue (which) provides you with a tasty variety of specialties hot off the grill" at the Atmosphere Bar South. An outdoor grill is something I'd always hoped MSC would introduce. On my first ever cruise (on Carnival) I loved being able to grab a burger by the pool. Don't know if we'll get to try this one out as it looks like they've introduced one on The One Sundeck, too - Yay! :p

DH is keen to check out the flight simulator on deck 16, too.

That's just a taste of some of the new offerings onboard Meraviglia! The new app is telling me only 13 days to go - I make it 14 as we're boarding this day 2 weeks :confused:

I can't download the app from the Play store in Ireland, says it's not available. When I go on my PC to download the play store tells me I do not have any suitable devices! So frustrating, you think after all the effort developing the app etc. it would be easily accessible and a download link sent with your e-tickets for it.

I can't download the app from the Play store in Ireland, says it's not available. When I go on my PC to download the play store tells me I do not have any suitable devices! So frustrating, you think after all the effort developing the app etc. it would be easily accessible and a download link sent with your e-tickets for it.

I have the exact same problem, Alan. I've got the app on my ipad.

I copied the url using Google Chrome into my android phone and got the Play Store page with the app showing. I tap "Install" to no avail. It doesn't come up on the PlayStore app at all, let alone inform me that it's not available.

I'm going back to Apple. I replaced my iphone 4 with a Samsung recently and have regretted it ever since!

The app won't install on the iphone as it's so out of date!

Edited by Beamafar

I have the exact same problem, Alan. I've got the app on my ipad.

I copied the url into my android phone and got the Play Store page with the app. I tap "Install" to no avail.

At least you have an ipad and can check out the app .. I'm android all the way so no apple! :-(

I don't see anywhere where I can register a credit card. I can upload a photo, though, something that we in Ireland can't do otherwise.

Also, I've now got it up on the Google Play Store app on my phone. "This item is not available in your country"!!!! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

I don't see anywhere where I can register a credit card. I can upload a photo, though, something that we in Ireland can't do otherwise.

Also, I've now got it up on the Google Play Store app on my phone. "This item is not available in your country"!!!! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

That's what I was getting via the play store, not available in your country. Very odd and frustrating!

I've emailed MSC to notify them of the problem. I await their response! :rolleyes: Stuart - the guy I deal with - has been really prompt up to now with any queries I've had. Hopefully he'll see the email and get on to the tech crowd pretty swiftly.

Its not letting me login. Says that my booking number is not recognised, even though it definitely is the correct booking number.
I can't log in either, tells me I'm not on a network while I know that I am. Oh well, I have six months for them to fix it.

Another review I've read elsewhere indicates problems with the app not loading and timing out when trying to log in. Says the person is not connected to wifi even though they are.

I don't have to log-in :confused:

Edited by Beamafar

I've emailed MSC to notify them of the problem. I await their response! :rolleyes: Stuart - the guy I deal with - has been really prompt up to now with any queries I've had. Hopefully he'll see the email and get on to the tech crowd pretty swiftly.

I deal with Stuart too!

Contacted him multiple times over the crazy MSC website :rolleyes:

I deal with Stuart too!

Contacted him multiple times over the crazy MSC website :rolleyes:

I got an almost immediate reply from him: "I think this will go down as a technical issue although I am not sure whose is responsible in the development of the App and accessibility.

I will see if we can find this out for you".

I've tried logging in my my booking number, email, and club number and nothing works. Error message every time.

My booking is not for 6+ months so no worries, but I do wonder if you have to have a booking within say a month or so for it to work?

My booking is in 33 days now & I downloaded the app yesterday & all seems fine. Make sure you have got everything upgraded on your phone settings as sometimes apps can be temperatural!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just tried again. It says my booking number is not found. My sailing is on SEASIDE and right now MERAVIGLIA is the only ship with this capability, so perhaps your booking has to be on her for it to work.

Just tried again. It says my booking number is not found. My sailing is on SEASIDE and right now MERAVIGLIA is the only ship with this capability, so perhaps your booking has to be on her for it to work.

eroller, I believe we are on the same sailing on Seaside. I have tried and received the same messages you have.

eroller, I believe we are on the same sailing on Seaside. I have tried and received the same messages you have.

Yes we are! Good to know I'm not alone.

I think they probably have only activated it for MERAVIGLIA bookings, since that is the only ship it's on thus far.

On the iPhone at least, there have already been about four updates to the app since it was released. I guess MSC continues to tweak it.