Does Carnival still do special stuff for anniversaries and birthdays?

MaidMirawyn

In April on the Breeze both me and my son celebrated our birthdays. Mine was just before our cruise and my son turned 17 just after the cruise.

I had informed about this beforehand. On day 2 I was giving a birthday card from our steward with a a $50 gift card for the spa and a gift card for a free photo. Very nice.

My son was excited to see what he would get, but he never got anything. I kind of wish that they wouldn't have giving me anything as my son got disappointed that they didn't think of him.

I know that I sound ungrateful and that no one can never expect anything. But I would have been fine it they had treated him and not me or none of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last September DH and I were on the Glory. Sailed between our 60th birthdays. When I booked with our online TA, I asked if we could have a birthday celebration for each of us. On our first day at sea, we each got a birthday cake in the MDR and the staff that served our area all sang "happy birthday" to us. Normally, we would have been embarrassed by this, but this time it was wonderful, fun and the cake was delicious. When we checked in, our paperwork showed the evening when our birthday celebrations were scheduled. We also each got a $50 spa gift card. Even though the gift cards had no actual monetary value, I used mine for a facial and my husband used his to buy me some face cream that the spa attendant used on my face during my facial so I really lucked out all the way around :)

We went for my birthday this year, albeit a couple of weeks later. We had to email our pvp during the cruise as they forgot. And all I got was the cake (which was tasty), no gift card, nothing else.

Does anyone know if Carnival does anything special for Mother's Day and Father's Day? Our cruise next year ends the day before Father's Day. So if they were to do anything special, I'm assuming we'll miss it by a day and the cruise after us will get to celebrate. :(

Good question! We are leaving on Father's Day in 2 weeks. It would be nice if they did something for my husband and my father. But considering 1/3 of the people on board are probably fathers, I doubt it would be much!

Since my father is going to be in this cruise with my family....I am telling him he can eat whatever he wants for dinner that night and it's my treat! Lol. There is no specialty restaurant on the ship we will be on.

Fondant. I hate that stuff, it tastes so gross.

These are but the cakes they have in the Cheery on Top that you can purchase are good. You can even have it delivered to your table at dinner, just let you waiter know it is coming ahead of time. We did this for some friends a couple of cruises ago and they loved it.

To those wondering about Father's Day... I was looking through the "In room gifts and shopping" link on the Carnival site and noticed that there were Father's Day cakes available to prepurchase and have delivered either to dinner or your cabin.

• 2 months later...
Last year we cruised on our twentieth anniversary, and there were gift cards in our room after dinner. I didn't expect this; I had simply filled out the "special celebration" section or whatever on the website.

Well, we're sailing for our anniversary again, but I didn't see that on our online check-in. Did I miss it, or has it been discontinued?

Help appreciated from more experienced Carnival cruisers! Thanks.

I was looking for this in the online check in too. Cant find it? Am I missing it?

I cruised on the Triumph last month a few days after my bday and I received a little cake in the MDR, and a gift card for a free photo. I also had room decorations, a carnival photo album and a carnival beach towel in my room. I'm assuming my TA did that but there was no paper left stating who it was from. She did send bar cash and cookies from cherries on top and those both had the slips accompanying them so I'm not sure....

We have cruised a couple of times on our anniversary and have not gotten anything. We are sailing for our 30th next month and I entered that in the "special occasion" section. We'll see if DH and I get anything this time. I hope so, it would be nice to get a gift card or bottle of wine.

• 3 weeks later...
I was looking for this in the online check in too. Cant find it? Am I missing it?

We'll be cruising for my 50th birthday. Hope my TA passes the message along. :cool: I'd love a free bottle of wine.

Go to your Cruise Manager, click on My Guests, and edit to add a special occasion.

On the Legend, this August. Son just got the small cake on his birthday.

Our 50th anniversary, received $50 spa card, free picture, and small cake.

We ordered the 14" cake from the fun shop for these occasions. Only about $14, and very good. Brought our own number candles, which they used. Cake was great, unnecessary but fun having two cakes brought to the table.

Go to your Cruise Manager, click on My Guests, and edit to add a special occasion.

I can't find an "edit" button anywhere here. Is there a cutoff for how close to sail this can be edited? We leave in 33 days.

My birthday is smack dab in the middle of our cruise and it sure would be fun to get a spa treatment!

I can't find an "edit" button anywhere here. Is there a cutoff for how close to sail this can be edited? We leave in 33 days.

My birthday is smack dab in the middle of our cruise and it sure would be fun to get a spa treatment!

It specifically says "modify" and it is in blue located under the name/address/phone number/email address section. If you booked through a TA, it may not appear for you (I'm not sure).