Evening attire

Birky100

Each of our last cruises since the advent of Evening Chic has increasingly fewer passengers in formal wear. In December, the majority of men wore slacks, collared shirt and sport jacket (many had no jacket). Very few men wore tuxes, suits or ties but there were some. I saw very few women in long gowns, quite a few in cocktail dresses, and dressy pants and tops with nice accessories. It is really a "please yourself" atmosphere. Since X went Evening Chic the guidelines are so broad that they allow for personal choice and expression. Don't worry, wear whatever you feel is within their suggestion and you will see others similarly attired.

:)Please can anyone tell me roughly the split between people wearing dinner suits and long evening dresses verses more casual attire on the celebrity reflection ship? We have always dressed formally but are worried we may be out of place when we cruise next month. Thank you in advance

Considering the amount of formal wear on the Eclipse(Jan.22-Feb.5)You should be fine. The last "Chic" night is the one where most pax really went all out.

Not my experience. all of the guys at our table (8) wore Dinner Suits on Chic Nights {14 nights in Caribbean} The rest of our 'group' (another 8 ) the same.

Didn't take that much notice of others - not really bothered what strangers wear .

Before anyone starts a rant about us Brits living in the past may I point out that our group was multi-national including guys from Deutschland and Canadia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You Brits DON'T live in the past!. There are a "few" of us Yanks that feel as you do. Properly dressing for dinner. There was plenty of formal wear on our Jan.22-Feb.5 trip on the Eclipse. Now if Celebrity could only learn how to do tea as it's served on Cunard, I for one would be most pleased.

Like a previous poster- my wife and I dress for each other- really don't care about everyone else. I must say that I have always enjoyed people watching and what they bring to the night. On a cruise not too long ago on NCL- who brags about being casual- we were blown away with the amount of pax who went over the top with outfits for 'elegant' nights ( and I left my tux at home)- granted it was around the holidays- I should have known.

Anyway, we like to get dressed up for dinner- every night, but that's just us ( like another said- "it's dinner, not Applebees") I won't wear a jacket ant tie every night, will wear a tux/ dinner jacket for the 2 nights and we will 'dress up' every other night- and enjoy the view :cool:

My only chance to dress up is on a cruise. So on 'chic' night, I do. Long gown, sparkly shoes, tons of bling, evening makeup, the works. I don't make my husband wear a tie, but he does wear a dress shirt and a suit.

Other nights I don't go quite so crazy, but I do wear dress pants and nice tops, sometimes sparkly ones, or a more casual dress. My husband wears chinos and golf shirts (he has a lot of those) or a nice Hawaiian shirt.

There will be people in all kinds of things, and all levels of 'formal'. I doubt you'll feel out of place unless you show up in cutoffs and a torn t-shirt:eek:

'Like a previous poster- my wife and I dress for each other- really don't care about everyone else."

That's how I feel! I will wear a lace knee length dress one evening and silk pants/silk blouse another but I'm picking them because my husband likes how they look and they both go with a same pair of shoes :)

My husband will be the guy in the same sports jacket with khakis or jeans. That's how he rolls.

Some people never get a chance to dress up and might really be looking forward to the 1st class Titanic experience (before the Iceberg).

I'm constantly travelling and in meetings/dinners and so sick of dress up/restaurants! But I'll respect the request to dress nicer a couple of nights and look forward to having my husband and kids experience what I come to see as a bore and chore.

It's a vacation we chose to take with 2k fellow passengers who may in part have paid not to feel like they went to Denny's for the Salisbury Steak dinner so I'll suck it up!

I saw a lot of "formal" wear on my last cruise that definitely reminded me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and I saw "casual" looks that I knew by the fabric and drape were carefully picked out and made the person look amazing.

May I rant about your inability to properly name a well known Commonwealth country? :cool:

Deutschland is in the EU , dont fink it is in the Commonwealth otherwise BMW ,Mercedes & Audi wouldnt be so worried about Brexit [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Types of dress are very much itinerary dependent. Also, dare I say but people see what they want to see. I have seen comments on here that no way describe what iwife and I have seen on the same cruise. My last few cruises I have asked the wife her thoughts on who is dressing how, since she doesn't do cruise critic and could care less.