Should I be concerned

I got an email yesterday stating that my final payment was now due. However all of my papers say final payment date is june 13. Should I be concerned? With all their IT mess ups I'm afraid they'll cancel my cruise. But I don't have it right now.

I got an email yesterday stating that my final payment was now due. However all of my papers say final payment date is june 13. Should I be concerned? With all their IT mess ups I'm afraid they'll cancel my cruise. But I don't have it right now.

I would call them to be sure.

Definitely call. Their IT dept. does so many screwy things. If you get cancelled and have to argue to reinstate your reservation it will be more aggravating and take more time that just calling now. Also, if they cancel and reinstate your reservation you may have lost your original cabin. So if you care about your cabin or location it is one more reason to not wait.

Definitely call. Their IT dept. does so many screwy things. If you get cancelled and have to argue to reinstate your reservation it will be more aggravating and take more time that just calling now. Also, if they cancel and reinstate your reservation you may have lost your original cabin. So if you care about your cabin or location it is one more reason to not wait.

This is the reason I always make sure I am paid in full about a month before my actual final payment date. I'm not willing to jeopardize my vacation by holding out until the last second.

Lol I would too but i make very little and get paid twice a month so .... it didn't work out that way. My husband usually pays for these things but I wanted to take it on this time and surprise him. Which would have been fine until i paid for the airfare...hotel....transfers...lol. I called and was told it was just a reminder that final payment was comming up. The final payment date is June 13th and he sent me an e-mail confirmation! First time we ever cut it this close😣

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

This is the reason I always make sure I am paid in full about a month before my actual final payment date. I'm not willing to jeopardize my vacation by holding out until the last second.

Same with me! :cool:

Agreed.

I can only add - are you willing to bet your cruise that you will receive the correct answer given the reliability of Royal's customer service and IT departments? Do you believe that Royal will make things right if you are told the wrong thing and your cruise is cancelled?

I suggest paying as soon as you can, and requesting a Royal "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" showing zero "Balance Due." If you used a travel agent (TA), you can request this Royal document through the TA.

Agreed.

I can only add - are you willing to bet your cruise that you will receive the correct answer given the reliability of Royal's customer service and IT departments? Do you believe that Royal will make things right if you are told the wrong thing and your cruise is cancelled?

I suggest paying as soon as you can' date=' and requesting a Royal "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" showing zero "Balance Due." If you used a travel agent (TA), you can request this Royal document through the TA.[/quote']

Final payment date for my upcoming cruise is July 18th however it is showing July 3rd for people booking now. You can best believe I will be having my final payment made well before July 3rd! Even though my original date is the 18th I don't trust going past the 3rd!

When did they change the dates? I booked in April 2016 and the rep sent me an e mail reconfirming the June 13th date.

March 7, 2016. Details here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq

I set up a separate acct just for cruises, and keep regular deposits in it so any expense for that trip comes out of the funds in the acct. I keep track of all expenses on a spreadsheet Cruise payments, Hotel, Flight, tours, on board expense. I also pay off our cruises in full no later then 1 month before final and check the Credit Card statement online to verify it has been paid and pay the credit card off before we leave.

I set up a separate acct just for cruises, and keep regular deposits in it so any expense for that trip comes out of the funds in the acct. I keep track of all expenses on a spreadsheet Cruise payments, Hotel, Flight, tours, on board expense. I also pay off our cruises in full no later then 1 month before final and check the Credit Card statement online to verify it has been paid and pay the credit card off before we leave.

That's sounds like a lot of work. Separate accounts, spreadsheets, etc. I'm afraid I'm too lazy for that.:)

I make two payments on my credit card. The deposit, when I book the cruise and the final payment, about a week before it's due. My credit card is set up to automatically pay in full monthly. My life is so simple.:)

That's sounds like a lot of work. Separate accounts' date=' spreadsheets, etc. I'm afraid I'm too lazy for that.:)

I make two payments on my credit card. The deposit, when I book the cruise and the final payment, about a week before it's due. My credit card is set up to automatically pay in full monthly. My life is so simple.:)[/quote']

Same. Couple of reminders in my phone just in case and good to go.