Last minute Anthem sailing- booking activities?

Im looking at a 5-day Bermuda Anthem sailing this summer- the price is pretty high to me, which I'm ok with if we are able to participate in the North Star and sky diving, etc.

Reading the roll call for this sailing, people are saying they are unable to book activities online anymore and were told to book once on the ship. I'd rather not waste time waiting on long lines to see if there are cancellations. Is it possible to book these two activities once onboard the ship? Will I be at a disadvantage booking last minute? The bumper cars and rock wall I know are first come, first served and I'm ok with that. Online Royal says there are fee-based sky diving experiences- does anyone know details about this?

Thanks for any advice and tips!

Download the Royal IQ app to book without standing in line. On the shorter 5 day cruises, I've heard they now charge for the I-Fly as 5 days is not long enough for everyone to participate. You were very lucky to get the puzzle room, we had trouble booking it on a 12 day cruise.

Download the Royal IQ app to book without standing in line. On the shorter 5 day cruises, I've heard they now charge for the I-Fly as 5 days is not long enough for everyone to participate. You were very lucky to get the puzzle room, we had trouble booking it on a 12 day cruise.

I was just on the ship 3 weeks ago and going again tomorrow. There is no charge for I-Fly. There is a $25 charge if you don't show up at your appointed time. People were booking and not showing up, making it unfair for those that wated to do it anc couldn't.

Everything including dining and shows can be booked on board.

I booked a 5 night for Sept yesterday, and these items are booked up. I too have read I should be able to book onboard, but do it ASAP. Not a deal breaker for me, but I'll be a little bummed.

I booked a 5 night for Sept yesterday, and these items are booked up. I too have read I should be able to book onboard, but do it ASAP. Not a deal breaker for me, but I'll be a little bummed.

If I'm paying a premium price to sail this ship and don't get to do North Star or sky diving I will be more than bummed- I'd be extremely upset!!

If I'm paying a premium price to sail this ship and don't get to do North Star or sky diving I will be more than bummed- I'd be extremely upset!!

Both activities can be closed down due to weather and sea conditions too. There is no guarantee you will be able to do any activities. My northstar reservation was cancelled due to weather on our first Anthem cruise and I was not able to get another reservation. We rode it on our second Anthem sailing as soon as we had passed under the Verrazano Bridge.

Both activities can be closed down due to weather and sea conditions too. There is no guarantee you will be able to do any activities. My northstar reservation was cancelled due to weather on our first Anthem cruise and I was not able to get another reservation. We rode it on our second Anthem sailing as soon as we had passed under the Verrazano Bridge.

I get what you are saying regarding weather or safety related closures and I'm fine with that. What I wouldn't be fine with is not even having the opportunity to book a spot because all spaces are already reserved.

I was just on the ship 3 weeks ago and going again tomorrow. There is no charge for I-Fly. There is a $25 charge if you don't show up at your appointed time. People were booking and not showing up, making it unfair for those that wated to do it anc couldn't.

Everything including dining and shows can be booked on board.

Someone reported on here that they started to charge for short cruises, maybe it was Ovation????

I get what you are saying regarding weather or safety related closures and I'm fine with that. What I wouldn't be fine with is not even having the opportunity to book a spot because all spaces are already reserved.

The hardest activity to book is iFly. There are not a lot of spots as they only take groups of 10 in at a time. This is the one you may not get, even if you try booking onboard.

On our 5 night Bermuda cruise last August, the waiting list was at 140 or so (I asked). Most of those people did not get on.

We are sailing on Anthem August 31, and reservations for Northstar and IFly are not yet open for anyone. Today is 90 days out, which according to an email response to my query over a month ago, is when they should be available. I have been checking pretty constantly!

We are sailing on Anthem August 31, and reservations for Northstar and IFly are not yet open for anyone. Today is 90 days out, which according to an email response to my query over a month ago, is when they should be available. I have been checking pretty constantly!

Keep checking................and check your roll call, someone will most likely post as soon as reservations are ready. Have a great cruise:D

I would suggest that if you feel that strongly about it - just forgo Anthem. There are no guarantees that you will be able to do iFly and/or NorthStar.

Keep checking................and check your roll call, someone will most likely post as soon as reservations are ready. Have a great cruise:D

Thanks, we are excited! Yep, I'm on the roll call, and I am one of the posters who offered to keep checking! Hope they're available soon.

We went stand-by a few times on the North Star and got on each time, longest wait once was 20 mins. Try to go on early in the cruise, as weather conditions can shut down the ride. As others indicated, you can book on the Royal IQ app once on board or go to the Royal Theater on Deck 4, where they are taking reservations for dining, shows, activities, etc.

We went stand-by a few times on the North Star and got on each time, longest wait once was 20 mins. Try to go on early in the cruise, as weather conditions can shut down the ride. As others indicated, you can book on the Royal IQ app once on board or go to the Royal Theater on Deck 4, where they are taking reservations for dining, shows, activities, etc.

Thank you for the helpful advice!

Thank you for the helpful advice!

My pleasure :)

Try going on the Bumper cars on embarkation day, it's open from Noon-2:45, we found there was hardly any wait during that time. Also, go to the Royal Theater Deck 4 immediately upon boarding, they will be taking reservations for many things including Ripcord/IFly. You can use the Royal IQ app to make a reservation for IFly once on board, provided they still have openings.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Check constantly! We were on a Disney make a wish trip over our 90 day mark. When I hopped on to schedule at like 85 days out everything was booked!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question about booking on the app. We have 5 staterooms (one is my two girls, so no phone/app). We are all linked on my cruise planner. Can I easily schedule the whole group (if there is space)? Or do I have to have everyone log in at the same time to try and set it up?

Question about booking on the app. We have 5 staterooms (one is my two girls, so no phone/app). We are all linked on my cruise planner. Can I easily schedule the whole group (if there is space)? Or do I have to have everyone log in at the same time to try and set it up?

I was able to schedule for 2 staterooms through the Royal IQ app after the other reservation was set up in the app. I couldn't book anything linked until both reservations were activated through the app. All the information you need is on your set sail pass. You should be able to book activities for all staterooms once the reservations are in the app. You don't have to set up each person on the reservation, just each reservation. Once scheduling in the app, it will let you choose all people or just one. It will also display all on one cruise planner.