shore excursion waitlist?

harpy3

Are there waitlists for sold-out shore excusions? (I've searched and cannot find the answer)

Thanks

I think you have to call O & get on the list or when onboard ask then

Another factor of this issue is the type of tour you're looking at. If it's extremely popular -- say, going to the Alhambra -- if it's a long list, you probably won't have much luck. But if it's an ordinary excursion, you might well make it.

I say that never having been on a wait list for a ship's tour ... but we HAVE had a couple of tours cancelled due to not enough people signing up.

There are waitlist. We have been on them and some times made the tours, or times not.

When going into smaller ports, without much infrastructure, it is wise to book tours early. This is true for both O tours and private ones. I've seen eat O up most of the local tour capacity available leaving the other cruisers pretty much stranded. When those tours are sold out, people don't typically drop out.

We're on Marina in July to Norway--booked this cruise late in the season. A shore excursion on the Orkneys is sold-out and I just want to get on the list. So, do I understand, that at this point I need Oceania...or just wait until we board and go to Concierge?

We're on Marina in July to Norway--booked this cruise late in the season. A shore excursion on the Orkneys is sold-out and I just want to get on the list. So, do I understand, that at this point I need Oceania...or just wait until we board and go to Concierge?

Go to excursions desk - same for culinary classes (most of which are fully booked long before embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are waitlist. We have been on them and some times made the tours, or times not.

When going into smaller ports, without much infrastructure, it is wise to book tours early. This is true for both O tours and private ones. I've seen eat O up most of the local tour capacity available leaving the other cruisers pretty much stranded. When those tours are sold out, people don't typically drop out.

+1

This also applies to overnight trips, many of which include local flights (Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, etc). Space is limited and early booking is a must.

I would contact O now & see if they have a list

Option 2 look for a private guide in the port & pre book them maybe see if others on your roll call want to share the tour

It is a pretty island to explore