MTD on Freedom

We have only done MTD once on the Radiance a few years back and was not impressed with the seating we received even with a reservation. Imagine several tables for 2- side by side- a few inches apart. The waiter addressed at least 4 or 5 of these "tables for 2" together, so I felt as if we were seated at a table of 8-10!! Courses were all served together, no privacy and we had to wait at least 10-15 minutes to be seated, probably to gather couples to achieve this setup. We gave it a few tries, all the same outcome. Then we hit the specialty restaurants a couple of times. I guess we could have complained, but we weren't sure if it was standard or necessary because of the time we chose- 7:00 PM. How is the MTD on the Freedom. This will be our first time on this class, so maybe it is a better setup.

That's how most cruise lines do it. Get to know your fellow passengers! I enjoy having tablemates so it doesn't bother me at all. I'd advise going to the dining room when you board, and checking out the table arrangement, and see if there is somewhere that will suit you better! Request it!

On our cruise on Freedom in April they had the tables for two close together but we were served separately and never waited on the other tables. They are close together but that's the only issue.

I guess I will keep our late seating MDR assignment then. Any other time we've done this and requested a table for 2, it is in a more desirable location. We like dining alone and find plenty of time to meet others. Thanks for your replies!

About the close seating. I found that if you want to keep to yourselves people seem to respect the privacy of the table being separate if that's what you want even if you are only a few inches away.

My wife and I are trying MTD for the first time next May on Freedom. I like the flexibility so we can eat a bit early and see a late show if we are interested. On the other hand, the close-together tables do not sound appetizing, and we would just rather sit with a larger group at one table than be jammed next to other people in small, separate tables. Let me ask the Board (and I know there are tons of threads on this topic), but is table placement that big of a problem with MTD? If we meet other passengers on the ship and want to eat together, will then accommodate a larger MTD table? We alrady booked MTD, but have almost a year until our cruise - can I go into cruise planner at some point and change to later traditional seating if i decide to go that route? As always, Cheers.

My wife and I are trying MTD for the first time next May on Freedom. I like the flexibility so we can eat a bit early and see a late show if we are interested. On the other hand, the close-together tables do not sound appetizing, and we would just rather sit with a larger group at one table than be jammed next to other people in small, separate tables. Let me ask the Board (and I know there are tons of threads on this topic), but is table placement that big of a problem with MTD? If we meet other passengers on the ship and want to eat together, will then accommodate a larger MTD table? We alrady booked MTD, but have almost a year until our cruise - can I go into cruise planner at some point and change to later traditional seating if i decide to go that route? As always, Cheers.

Yes, we've done exactly that several times. One of the advantages of MTD.

We have asked for a different table a few times, especially when there were open tables and we had rezzys. We were a group of 4 older women. Guess the gentleman who picked out the tables for guests thought it was perfectly fine to seat us all the way in the back at the kitchen door. We asked to be changed and he told us we had to go to the back of the line, NOT. Simply said we wouldn't, or it would be taken care of by us. Be lieve me, it was changed quickly. To be truthful, that was the only real problem we ever had since everyone is very accommodating which is why we love the Freedom. Solution, ask for a table you ae comfortable at.