Booking Boardwalk Cabin (B1) on Oasis for a family of 5

Hi all,

Our friends are asking if their family of 5 (parents and 3 kids under 12) will have any issues with RCI checking agent at the pier on embarkation date. Their travel agent has booked them in the Boardwalk balcony (B1). This room has a max of 4 occupancy so the travel agent created 2 separate bookings, one with the parents and 2 kids and the other with only the 3rd kid paying only taxes (kids sail free promotion).

When booking directly with RCI, the only room RCI agent will book them in is the family room as it has more than 4 occupancy.

Has any family of 5 booked and able to stay in a standard balcony (B1 or D3) on the Oasis class ships?

Thanks!

I see 11 Boardwalk cabins that hold five. (!!!!). If you have one of those, you will be fine. What is your cabin number?

8729. Which ones have 5 people? Maybe they are no longer available on the Oasis, May 4 sailing. They called RCI yesterday during kids sail free promotion and was told only the Family Oceanview or with balcony cabins were available.

Thanks,

We had 3 in a D1. Son was 10 at the time. When they had the bed out you could not move around the cabin. It was extremely crowded. I cannot think what that would be like with 3 kids.

Hopefully you got one of the rooms that sleep 5.

We had 3 in a D1. Son was 10 at the time. When they had the bed out you could not move around the cabin. It was extremely crowded. I cannot think what that would be like with 3 kids.

Hopefully you got one of the rooms that sleep 5.

I'm still trying to convince them to book the family room (89 sq ft more) with 3 sons, even showing them the square footage of the two different rooms.

Personally I would be concerned and would do a little more checking.

Have always understood that you cannot put more people in a cabin than the cabin is equipped to hold. Where are the three kids supposed to sleep? Also would be concerned because of lifeboat issues/capacity. If the cabin is supposed to be for four passengers I don't think you can put five in it (even if you wanted to).

Sailed on the Oasis 3 years ago and my daughter and family had boardwalk connecting cabins. They had themselves and three kids under 10 and had to have two cabins.

Hi all,

Our friends are asking if their family of 5 (parents and 3 kids under 12) will have any issues with RCI checking agent at the pier on embarkation date. Their travel agent has booked them in the Boardwalk balcony (B1). This room has a max of 4 occupancy so the travel agent created 2 separate bookings, one with the parents and 2 kids and the other with only the 3rd kid paying only taxes (kids sail free promotion).

When booking directly with RCI, the only room RCI agent will book them in is the family room as it has more than 4 occupancy.

Has any family of 5 booked and able to stay in a standard balcony (B1 or D3) on the Oasis class ships?

Thanks!

8729. Which ones have 5 people? Maybe they are no longer available on the Oasis, May 4 sailing. They called RCI yesterday during kids sail free promotion and was told only the Family Oceanview or with balcony cabins were available.

Thanks,

I have terrible news for your friends. They cannot be in 8729. There is a maximum occupancy in that cabin of 4.

It has the standard "two twins that can be pushed together for a queen" and a sofabed that sleeps two. There is no fifth berth. (those 11 cabins that I mentioned have this configuration PLUS a Pullman bed that pulls down from the ceiling.)

They need to have their travel agent get to work on this problem ASAP or they will NOT be sailing.

As mystifyny said, there is no way to put a pack 'n' play or other accommodation in one of these cabins when the sofabed is made up. It's very very very tight for four. I cannot imagine five.

How old are the kids? I have read on here that they have made exceptions to the occupancy rule if one of the children is very young (under 2 I believe and can stay in a pack n play). Not sure how a pack n play would even fit though with the sofa bed pulled out.

The only time you can book with RCI for more than the maximum number allowed is when there is a child under 2 yrs old and there will be room for the P-N-P. Some of our extended family had this situation...so a bit pf personal experience.

Why am I having a hard time understanding that a TA would even try booking a family of 5 into this category/cabin at all.....Did they really think it would work :confused:

Hi Merion_Mom and everyone,

I was given a wrong cabin, it's cabin #12327-B1. I just checked the deck plan and it does have a solid diamond and TA confirmed with our friends that this room allow 5 sleepers, 1 queen bed, 1 sofa that converts to sleep 2 and 1 Pullman bed. So I guess they are ok but it will be so tight. The kids are 10, 8, 5 by sailing date.

The only time you can book with RCI for more than the maximum number allowed is when there is a child under 2 yrs old and there will be room for the P-N-P. Some of our extended family had this situation...so a bit pf personal experience.

Why am I having a hard time understanding that a TA would even try booking a family of 5 into this category/cabin at all.....Did they really think it would work :confused:

I don't think it's the TA. I tried to get them to book the family cabin but they didn't want to pay more than the cost of the Boardwalk balcony. They had their first cruise on Anthem last March and managed having 5 people in the standard cabin. This will be their 2nd cruise.

Hi Merion_Mom and everyone,

I was given a wrong cabin, it's cabin #12327-B1. I just checked the deck plan and it does have a solid diamond and TA confirmed with our friends that this room allow 5 sleepers, 1 queen bed, 1 sofa that converts to sleep 2 and 1 Pullman bed. So I guess they are ok but it will be so tight. The kids are 10, 8, 5 by sailing date.

There you go! Good news. This is the reason that I asked for their cabin number.

They will NOT be happy, I predict, in this tight environment, unless they live like this at home: 190 square feet, including the bathroom, all in one room. UGH.

But bon voyage to them!

I just checked prices for that sailing and it looks like it may be cheaper for them to get two adjoining cabins than to all squeeze into one.

ETA looks like the third kid ends up making it more expensive but they should definitely consider doing two cabins vs trying to get into one. We always do that, two bathrooms, two tvs, two closets, it's just easier. There are cheaper cabins than a boardwalk balcony.

Edited by lbjen