Deleting subscriptions

Vict0riann

Usually, before we cruise, I delete all my subscriptions, except my roll call, from the forum, as we pay for internet and it wastes time having to check and delete emails that keep coming in from other threads. Last cruise, I forgot, and got lots of unimportant emails, so I have been trying to figure out how to delete subscriptions from this new CC format. It took me a while!:eek: But today I finally sorted it out, and I had over 8 pages of subscriptions to delete - and of course, I managed to delete all the new threads that I had intended to keep. It took me a long time....

So now I am starting all over again, and I will try not to talk so much!

For me the process under the new format seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes I get the check boxes to the far reach of each thread and can mark several threads and make a global change but it seems more often than not that box is missing and I need to modify my selections thread by thread and forum by forum.

Unless I am really finished with a thread I don't generally delete a subscription. What I will do is change the email settings. I think there are 4 email options for a subscribed thread, (1) Instant (2) Daily, (3) Weekly, and (4) Never.

I probably have half my subscribed threads set to Never. There are 3 threads relating to Crystal Roll Calls that I maintain that are set to instant but they generate few posts. The rest of my subscriptions are set to either daily or weekly emails. I may move some of the daily threads to never if I am cruising.

My main way of checking my subscriptions is to go to

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/subscription.php

I'll normally check that several times a day and get an easy look at my subscribed threads.

Roy

:) I just noticed that, at the bottom of the email I received about your response there is an opportunity to "Unsubscribe from this thread" - I'll have to keep an eye on that! At least it would be a way to keep my subscribed threads to a minimum!

I set my subscriptions for no emails other than roll calls or a thread I really want to follow.

If I am following a live thread, like rafinmd's then I set it to a daily update (learned that from him). I did the same thing with my own live thread so I could download, log off on board and then read and prepare responses. The only problem was the time difference ;)

I can just click user cp if I want to see what is going on.

I regularly delete subscribed threads once they are no longer active.

Hope this helps a little bit.

I think I found it much easier to delete subscribed threads with the old format. But now I know how to do it, I'll keep more up to date. I have all my subscribed threads set to "Instant" response. Or I did, before I deleted them all!:eek:

My main way of checking my subscriptions is to go to

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/subscription.php

I'll normally check that several times a day and get an easy look at my subscribed threads.

Roy

I use a similar method to Roy's: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/usercp.php This shows just the subscribed threads with new posts, mostly. I rarely unsubscribe from a thread, never know when an old one will pop up with something of interest.

I chose the "No email notification" option. The last thing I need is more emails.

I subscribe pretty often, but I have my account set to NOT notify me by email. I can see my subscriptions on the site or in the app which is helpful, but I don't get annoying emails.