Fttf

Ready 2 Go

Has anyone cruised with 1 FTTF but 2 rooms. So far, I have only been able to book 1 FTTF. I'm worried I won't be able to get a second one for our July 29 sailing on the Vista. If you have done this how did it work out for you? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Has anyone cruised with 1 FTTF but 2 rooms. So far, I have only been able to book 1 FTTF. I'm worried I won't be able to get a second one for our July 29 sailing on the Vista. If you have done this how did it work out for you? Thanks

We did this with our friends one year. They were unable to get FTTF, so we arrived at the port early. They boarded in group 1 just 10-15 minutes behind us. We then took their carry-ons to our room until theirs was available. Other than than, they couldn't tack-on to any of our benefits (there were no tender ports).

It isn't that big of a deal. The room without FTTF simply adheres to their check in time and boarding zone and you either board with the FTTFers or you can wait with the other room. At least one room would be ready and everyone could drop off their carry on luggage.

The exception is if the other room has only minor children.

I am not implying that you would use it simply pointing out: The old but everyone is on my charge card trick no longer works.

I'm in same situation for Dream out of NOLA July 30. Was able to purchase one for my room (myself and son1) but have been unable to get FTTF for second room for wife and son2. I have checked 10 times a day for 30 days and still no openings...

It's per room and a waste of $$$$.

Did you read the question? OP knows FTTF is one per room, they are wondering how to handle it if they cannot get another one. And it may be a waste of money for you but many other people feel it is well worth the money otherwise Carnival would not keep raising the cost of it.

We did this a few years ago travelling with another two couples. They boarded after us and we met up on board and transferred their carry ons to our room. It worked out well.

I didn't think it was a waste. We ate breakfast at a local restaurant, and then headed to the terminal around 11:00, in no hurry, or needing to be there, sitting around waiting for a certain "boarding time" window with who knows how many other people. We gave our bags to the porter and walked right past a couple hundred people in line outside, and then past the few hundred inside the terminal waiting in lines, with no wait at all at any check-in station, we got right on the ship. From the sidewalk, until we stepped onto the ship, it only took us around 10 minutes. Once on board, rather than join the hundreds of others sitting in/on whatever chair we could find with everyone else, holding our carry-on luggage while we waited for our room to be ready, we boarded the ship and went straight to our room to drop off our carry-ons, freshened up a bit, and got to the fun faster. That's the purpose of FTTF. To say it's a waste of money is False, or True, depending on who's eyes it's seen through. If a passenger reads the description, likes what it is, pays for it, and gets what they want, it was worth the money.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

Question--I booked cruise through pvp, do I book fttf or any excursion through her or do it myself? Always planned my cruises directly, but new sister-in-law now books cruises. Fttf available right now, she's not. Hate to wait til tomorrow and miss out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're considering only getting it for one cabin on purpose. We'll have three cabins (2 families, 8 people total) and if the other family doesn't feel like buying it, and we don't decide to treat everyone to it, we'll probably get it for one cabin so we have a place to put our carry-ons once everyone gets on board. To be fair to everyone, we won't take advantage of the early boarding/debarkation and we don't have tender ports. If our cabin has the FTTF, I might take advantage of the guest service line if needed. But having a cabin ready right away to give us a place to put all of our carry-ons will be worth the cost of one FTTF purchase, in my opinion. Especially if we split it.

So glad you got that one extra post added to your post count by contributing something worthless. :rolleyes:

Question--I booked cruise through pvp, do I book fttf or any excursion through her or do it myself? Always planned my cruises directly, but new sister-in-law now books cruises. Fttf available right now, she's not. Hate to wait til tomorrow and miss out
If you're worried about losing it, go ahead and log on to your Carnival account and grab FTTF yourself. We had a TA last year, but when it came to doing the online check-in and she wanted us to email her some of our private info., I wasn't comfortable with it so I just did the online check-in portion myself.

We did this with our friends one year. They were unable to get FTTF, so we arrived at the port early. They boarded in group 1 just 10-15 minutes behind us. We then took their carry-ons to our room until theirs was available. Other than than, they couldn't tack-on to any of our benefits (there were no tender ports).

Does not work if the port has staggered check in and the non FTTF cabin does not have an early check in time.

This happened to us on our recent Glory cruise. My daughter and son in law got FTTF but no matter how many times a day I checked prior to our cruise, I was never able to get it for my husband and me. We had the 10:30 check in time so we boarded just a little after my daughter and put our carry ons in her room.

I put one of my daughter's FTTF luggage tags on one of my suitcases thinking that at least one my two suitcases would be delivered early. At least that is what we hoped for. On our cruise, even with FTTF my daughter's luggage, my son in law's luggage and my fttf luggage wasn't delivered till after dinner. In fact our luggage without fttf was delivered first lol. Carnival did refund the fttf charge to my daughter.

The only other thing we used her fttf for was bypassing the long customer service line and going straight to the fttf customer service time the one or two times we needed customer service.

So, in my opinion, as long as one of your cabins has fttf you should be ok.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to just keep checking daily and hopefully snag a second one. The pvp said people will sometimes cancel, etc and more may open up. Which I know from previous bookings...just frustrating. Worst case we at least one.

I didn't think it was a waste. We ate breakfast at a local restaurant, and then headed to the terminal around 11:00, in no hurry, or needing to be there, sitting around waiting for a certain "boarding time" window with who knows how many other people. We gave our bags to the porter and walked right past a couple hundred people in line outside, and then past the few hundred inside the terminal waiting in lines, with no wait at all at any check-in station, we got right on the ship. From the sidewalk, until we stepped onto the ship, it only took us around 10 minutes. Once on board, rather than join the hundreds of others sitting in/on whatever chair we could find with everyone else, holding our carry-on luggage while we waited for our room to be ready, we boarded the ship and went straight to our room to drop off our carry-ons, freshened up a bit, and got to the fun faster. That's the purpose of FTTF. To say it's a waste of money is False, or True, depending on who's eyes it's seen through. If a passenger reads the description, likes what it is, pays for it, and gets what they want, it was worth the money.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

People that can't afford it think it's a waste of money. People who can afford it, worth every penny. Simple as that.

This happened to us on our recent Glory cruise. My daughter and son in law got FTTF but no matter how many times a day I checked prior to our cruise, I was never able to get it for my husband and me. We had the 10:30 check in time so we boarded just a little after my daughter and put our carry ons in her room.

I put one of my daughter's FTTF luggage tags on one of my suitcases thinking that at least one my two suitcases would be delivered early. At least that is what we hoped for. On our cruise, even with FTTF my daughter's luggage, my son in law's luggage and my fttf luggage wasn't delivered till after dinner. In fact our luggage without fttf was delivered first lol. Carnival did refund the fttf charge to my daughter.

The only other thing we used her fttf for was bypassing the long customer service line and going straight to the fttf customer service time the one or two times we needed customer service.

So, in my opinion, as long as one of your cabins has fttf you should be ok.

That's not encouraging at all because our next cruise is on the Glory and we're considering FTTF. But that's not for another year and hopefully it was just a snafu on their part and isn't the norm. It's unfortunate that it happened to you, though. Even if they refunded the cost of FTTF, I still wouldn't be too happy if we didn't get our luggage that late.

People that can't afford it think it's a waste of money. People who can afford it, worth every penny. Simple as that.
No, sorry, it isn't as simple as that. That's a simple-minded view of it.

FTTF had been sold out for our June 25 Dream cruise and I was able to snag one at the 90 day point when one became available. I couldn't get it for our other cabin though which was my son and daughters cabin. I called our PVP and explained to him and he said he was sure they could work something out and he'd get with his admin people. I really thought he was blowing me off but a couple of weeks later I get a call from an admin person and she said they were extending FTTF to my kids cabin. She said it would be charged to my S&S account at checkin. She CC'd me on the email she sent to Dream hotel manager and guest services confirming. So I guess if the other cabin is all minors this is how they handle it when this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's not encouraging at all because our next cruise is on the Glory and we're considering FTTF. But that's not for another year and hopefully it was just a snafu on their part and isn't the norm. It's unfortunate that it happened to you, though. Even if they refunded the cost of FTTF, I still wouldn't be too happy if we didn't get our luggage that late.

I think us getting our luggage late even though we had FTTF was a fluke-not an ongoing problem fortunately . Luggage delivery on our cruise seemed to be delayed for a lot of people, not just FTTF people.

Of course it is. Are you suggesting FTTF has no benefit what-so-ever, regardless of price?

By the way, you don't HAVE to give your luggage to a porter. We sailed Glory with FTTF and simply walked on with our luggage and straight to our room, unpacked and we were enjoying lunch carefree before hardly anyone had boarded yet. Since we do self-debark, self-embark isn't much different or a big deal at all - just walk on with your own bags and avoid the "hope and pray" your stuff makes it game.

Edited by BNBR