Three day cruise

J458r

Not really, they are far too short, and the Bahamas are not my favorite ports.

With that said, we have booked a B2B on the Liberty for August, and will probably not even get off the ship.

I agree with tef43! While any cruise is a good cruise, a 3-day is way too short for us.

And when we stop in the Bahamas, we usually just stay on the ship and enjoy having it essentially all to ourselves. Except for HMC, of course.

But if a 3-day is all you can budget for time wise and money wise, then go for it and have a great time!

Depends on how much it is and what you want to get out of it. I love 3 night escapes with my husband but we can drive to port so it ends up being a decent price since we don't have to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you live within a couple of hours drive to a port and have nothing to do over a long weekend and can get a great deal - that's when a 3 day cruise is worth it. Other than that, no. You unpack, turn around, and it's time to pack again. And like most have said, the Bahamas are not worth a flight or a long drive by themselves (and this comes from someone who is half Bahamian and lived in Nassau as a kid).

5 day minimum - 7 is better - Nassau only as a stop on the way to anywhere else (except Freeport or Jamaica!)

Depends on how much it is and what you want to get out of it. I love 3 night escapes with my husband but we can drive to port so it ends up being a decent price since we don't have to fly.

Exactly. The caveat being if you don't have to fly. Once you have to fly then the airfare cuts into it being worth it. But if you can get a cheap 3-night cruise over a weekend, it can be a lot of fun without spending much money or taking time off for school/work.

Hi, we are looking to book a 3 night Bahama cruise without our children. Do you feel like 3 night cruise are worth it ? Do you feel like you've gotten your monies worth ?

No way it's just a waste of time and $$$.

If you can get to the port via car and it isn't a very long trip then yes. Personally I think 3 day cruises are among the best because the longer ones tend to be filled with an older crowd (no offense). Me and my fiancée much prefer the party atmosphere of the 'booze cruise'.

Plus spending 7+ days on a ship can get a bit repetitive and boring IMO.

If you live within a couple of hours drive to a port and have nothing to do over a long weekend and can get a great deal - that's when a 3 day cruise is worth it. Other than that, no. You unpack, turn around, and it's time to pack again. And like most have said, the Bahamas are not worth a flight or a long drive by themselves (and this comes from someone who is half Bahamian and lived in Nassau as a kid).

5 day minimum - 7 is better - Nassau only as a stop on the way to anywhere else (except Freeport or Jamaica!)

+1

Couldn't say it better myself.

Hi, we are looking to book a 3 night Bahama cruise without our children. Do you feel like 3 night cruise are worth it ? Do you feel like you've gotten your monies worth ?
No, going up north to our cabin for three days is barely worth the drive and packing let alone a cruise. By the time you got settled in it would be time to get off ....... NEVER.

I'm doing a four day cruise with my husband. It's his first cruise so I wanted​ to introduce him before we went for 5-7 days. We are also using it as a quick get away for us. We live in NC and Leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We are going to the Bahamas. I love the Bahamas so if that's what you like go to the Bahamas. As married people with kids any time away is worth it. Also depending on where you are leaving from you can go a day early or stay a day later.

For us it's worth it. We live an hour from port.

The only issue is that the three day cruises can be more expensive per day than the daily fare of a seven day cruise.

I live 15 minutes from port so a 3 day cruise is great for the hubby and I - We have taken several of them and have several booked

As far as getting to learn the ships quite frankly I been on enough cruise ships that finding my way around is not really that difficult

If you have to fly to port 3 day is not worth it if you are close enough to drive in a decent amount of time then totally go for it