Post Dry Dock Experience (2017) on the Pacific Princess

Mapu

Here are pictures of library new furniture & new carpet

ea7ef585eb1fe696d68c2c6ebd21e3d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great photos. Weird how they left some of the old furniture in the library though.

Even weirder how some of us have been on her enough to recognize that red chair! ;)

(I noticed the same thing!!! )

Thanks Gwen for the pictures!

I love the new carpeting in the library. Very English Country House feeling.

Even weirder how some of us have been on her enough to recognize that red chair! ;)

(I noticed the same thing!!! )

Thanks Gwen for the pictures!

I love the new carpeting in the library. Very English Country House feeling.

I am going to do a search as somewhere on these boards I have pictures of them that were taken before the last "freshening"

Look what I found. The chairs are not pictured but the companion love seats are. Hmmmm the table looks familiar too. The chairs were around the sides of the table.

Posted January 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM

attachment.php?attachmentid=297932&thumb=1&d=1389107277

attachment.php?attachmentid=297933&thumb=1&d=1389107277

attachment.php?attachmentid=297934&thumb=1&d=1389107277

attachment.php?attachmentid=297935&thumb=1&d=1389107277

The refurb is a mix of old and new. It appears that most of the carpeting has been replaced and the same for the bedding. Sofas in the cabins appear unchanged and probably in some of the common areas. Some may also have been recovered. Appreciate seeing the photos and look forward to seeing the dining room, the Steakhouse and Sabatini's. I wonder if it has been converted to Sabatini's Trattoria with the new menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The refurb is a mix of old and new. It appears that most of the carpeting has been replaced and the same for the bedding. Sofas in the cabins appear unchanged and probably in some of the common areas. Some may also have been recovered. Appreciate seeing the photos and look forward to seeing the dining room, the Steakhouse and Sabatini's. I wonder if it has been converted to Sabatini's Trattoria with the new menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Frankly, I don't understand partial refurbishing . The Pacific Princess is a gem and while I love that size ship, Princess needs to do a better job totally refurbishing the ship. When the Royal Princess #2 went back to P&O and then to Fathom, the ship was completely redone. All furniture with the exception of the couches in cabins, all of the carpeting and public rooms were completely new. The lovely deck furniture outside the buffet was the same as pictured for the Pacific Princess. The library looks like it has old curtains and a hodge lodge of old and new furniture. Hopefully the library is a work in progress.

We were told the weather was dreadful during the recent dry dock and they mainly concentrated on the damages to the hull. They keep on unboxing more items. I will go to the steakhouse and Sabatinis and get a picture.

We were told the weather was dreadful during the recent dry dock and they mainly concentrated on the damages to the hull. They keep on unboxing more items. I will go to the steakhouse and Sabatinis and get a picture.

Looking forward to updated pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Thank you Gwen from Lake Texoma for taking the time to post your photos. Very, very appreciated! Please keep them coming.

Please keep the pictures coming. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you for the pictures Gwen, especially the Maui Suite. We were in the suite for 111 days on the World Cruise. It sure looks a lot better now. Not that that I'm complaining about the old decor. We were just so happy to be in that suite.

Thanks Gwen. If ever there was a cruise to participate in a cabin crawl it is the one you are on!

Hi Mapu,

Debbie and I will be on her September 25 Dover to Rome.

We had a great time with you and your husband on the Diamond in 2014 Singapore to Tokyo.

We did some very good tours together:D

Best to you both

Richard and Debbie

Hi Mapu,

Debbie and I will be on her September 25 Dover to Rome.

We had a great time with you and your husband on the Diamond in 2014 Singapore to Tokyo.

We did some very good tours together:D

Best to you both

Richard and Debbie

Hi!

After a great deal of thought and convinced by the pictures of the updates, we are on the 12/22 Caribbean Connoisseur cruise. I swore after being on the PP at the end of 2013 I wasn't going to sail her again unless I had proof of significant upgrades. Hopefully by the time you sail the red chairs in the Library will be gone as well. They were in the public area on deck five when we sailed along with threadbare couches which do seem to be gone!

We had a great time with you and Debbie as well and hope our paths cross again.