Koningsdam suite

joyce&bob

We had loved the Vistas on Noordam, but, on Koningsdam they are much smaller.

The Vistas are certainly roomier than the standard balconies but, if they are a big splurge probably not worth it.

Go to youtube and look at some cabin videos of a standard balcony and Vista on Koningdam.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Vista on the Noordam is nothing like a Vista on the Koningsdam.

We had one on the Koningsdam and really enjoyed the extra room over a regular Veranda room. The balcony itself is the same size as a regular Veranda stateroom, but of course the room itself is larger.

Is it worth it? Well..........we probably would not pay the difference in price on our next Koningsdam cruise but it was great when we did it.

OK..........after posted my last reply I got to thinking..... "wait a minute".........the Noordam does not even have a stateroom listed as "Vista".

The only ships (other than the Koningsdam) that list a "Vista" are the R Class.....S Class and the Prinsendam.

Those staterooms are basically Verandahs. They do not have a stateroom listed as "Verandahs".

OK..........after posted my last reply I got to thinking..... "wait a minute".........the Noordam does not even have a stateroom listed as "Vista".

The only ships (other than the Koningsdam) that list a "Vista" are the R Class.....S Class and the Prinsendam.

Those staterooms are basically Verandahs. They do not have a stateroom listed as "Verandahs".

Yes. My bad Sherry H. The Verandah Suites on Noordam were great much bigger, than the Vistas on Koningsdam.

Jonathan

Yes. My bad Sherry H. The Verandah Suites on Noordam were great much bigger, than the Vistas on Koningsdam.

Jonathan

Your bad again :p There are no "Verandah Suites" on the Noordam. The Noordam, a Vista class ship, has Verandah cabins, Signature Suites and Neptune Suites.

I do not like the Signature Suites on the K, so we booked a Vista Suite and in my opinion (and DH's) - yes, it certainly was worth the extra $.

Can you expand......what were the differences? Sorry to be a pest but this would be my first suite purchase. Have been on many other ships, usually in regular balcony cabins. Mostly on Celebrity. Husband wants to try Holland and I thought I would upgrade to a suite to surprise him for his 75th birthday.

You're not a pest! You really need to find some pictures of the Vista suites on the K.

The bed is next to the balcony door and there is somewhat of a separation between the bedroom and the living area.

I sometimes stay up reading after my husband goes to bed and this was much more comfortable for me rather than the couch right next to where he was sleeping.

We really enjoyed our Vista stateroom!

You're not a pest! You really need to find some pictures of the Vista suites on the K.

The bed is next to the balcony door and there is somewhat of a separation between the bedroom and the living area.

I sometimes stay up reading after my husband goes to bed and this was much more comfortable for me rather than the couch right next to where he was sleeping.

We really enjoyed our Vista stateroom!

Thanks, did as you suggested - cabin does not look much bigger then a typical balcony room on the Celebrity ships. Do you know what perks come with the suite?

If you go to the HAL site and search for the Koningsdam, it will guide you through the perks for every suite type. The Vista Suite doesn't appear to have any of the big perks, like priority embarkation or the Neptune Lounge. Those are usually for a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite

This is what I saw as perks for a Vista Suite on the k-dam:

• A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
  • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
  • Priority luggage delivery
  • Oversized Egyptian cotton bath towels
  • Premium duvet
  • One-touch telephone concierge service
  • Fresh flowers
  • Umbrellas for use on your cruise
  • Corner bar unit
  • Teak-lined private verandah

Also, if you go to you tube , you can find videos and pictures of pretty much everything

Joyce, We've stayed in a Vista Suite on Koningsdam, Signature Suite on Eurodam and a Neptune Suite on Eurodam and Rotterdam. The Neptune is the best, has the most room, biggest balcony and most perks. Next best is Signature which comes with less perks but is still a great size with bigger balcony. Coming in last would be the Vista which is still bigger than a Veranda but not anywhere near the Signature. The Vista was comparable in price to a Veranda when we booked so it made more sense to take that. Really the only perk was double cruise credits. We got an aft Vista which had a bigger balcony and more square footage but it was longer and more narrow than the mid-ship Vistas.

When comparing cruise costs, not only should you compare each of these to the other, you should also look at the Koningsdam deck plans carefully as there are some Verandas with larger balconies and some with angled balconies.

We took a cruise on Koningsdam with my family and booked four cabins between all of us. I helped everyone pick out what suited them best at different price points with different needs so I got very familiar with the options!

Are you cruising in warm weather? Just a thought but a nice treat would be a retreat cabana which would more than make up for a small cabin.

We have enjoyed Signature Suites on other HAL ships but the Koningsdam!?

Agree with gigianne.........don't like them at all!

Once again, find some photos of the Signatures on the K before you might consider one.

We have sailed twice on Koningsdam, once in a regular balcony cabin, once in a Signature suite. The balcony of the latter was great, as was the bathroom with whirlpool tub ( smallish), great shower and two sinks. There was a partition between the rather small "bedroom" with a king-size bed, huge TV, pull-out sofa in front of the bed and another room with vanity , cupboards and lots of space to keep clothes. Nevertheless we found it a bit cramped and didn't like the windowless second room .All in all we would prefer a regular balcony stateroom or Vista Suite which would be better for our needs. The Signature Suite would be great for family of 3 or 4, though.

Did your SS on the Koningsdam have the Murphy bed in the other room? If so, could you post a picture of it by chance? Thanks

English is not my native language so I don't know what a "Murphy bed" is - but if you mean a foldable bed coming out of a cupboard, yes, there was one and it looked quite comfortable, too. The fourth person was supposed to sleep on the sofa bed in the bedroom part of the suite - I once saw it made up when I peeked into the door of another SS - and I'd say it looked quite comfortable as well even if a bit hard in regard to mattress.

I'm sure 4 persons could use a Signature Suite - less cramped than a regular stateroom - if one is willing to compromise. The sofa bed is directly in front of the king-sized bed in the bedroom part of the suite, just below the TV. If, for example the 4 persons sharing the suite all wanted to watch the news they only would be able to do that by sitting together on the bed.

Sorry, no photos.