MAJESTIC PRINCESS missing in action

sawtooth

It is going to be interesting when she comes down to Australia. As a couple of other poster have said, too many shops and not enough bars could be an issue here.

I'm going on Royal in September so will carefully note all the things I like about her, and then see how Majestic compares when we do a short cruise on her in November 2018.

I do like the sound of the different speciality restaurants though, as long as the food quality is good. We love Asian food and so far Princess doesn't really offer much decent Asian food. Kai Seafood on Sun Princess is very basic and not as good as it could be.

Did you find the Explorer's Lounge when you were on Regal which you absolutely loved? I didn't think there was one.

And just FYI the Vista lounge on Majestic is like a normal one but without a bar, and it does have some MahJong tables at the back which don't interfere with regular use much.

I just had 2 weeks on Majestic.

You are correct. There is no Explorers lounge on Royal class ships. They have Princess Live in place of that. Again, another place that we don't make use of. The Explorers lounge is usually found on Grand class ships, which are our main staples by sailing out of San Pedro, though a Royal class ship is planned to operate out of San Pedro in early 2019, so we are excited about that.

Is there no sky walker type venue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No...Club 6 was a poor replacement for Skywalkers on the Royal & Regal and on the Majestic it's the VIP Gaming venue.

On most ships with Skywalkers it is used by very few passengers during the day, usually only a handful except for the two hours that the suite/elite/platinum lounge is set up.

In addition, it is not used that much in the evening. You have probably all heard the cruise director practically begging passengers to go there after the the Princess Theater show that evening is over.

So the overall result is that a venue which was fantastic for the relatively few passengers that went there was not a high priority for the design of new ships.

Same thing is true for the Adagio Lounge which is only on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Edited by caribill

On most ships with Skywalkers it is used by very few passengers during the day, usually only a handful except for the two hours that the suite/elite/platinum lounge is set up.

In addition, it is not used that much in the evening. You have probably all heard the cruise director practically begging passengers to go there after the the Princess Theater show that evening is over.

So the overall result is that a venue which was fantastic for the relatively few passengers that went there was not a high priority for the design of new ships.

Same thing is true for the Adagio Lounge which is only on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

And that is our favorite place on those ships!!! ;):D:whiskey-glass::cocktail::wine-glass::D

We are on the majestic now from Singapore to Shanghai, and it has been a wonderful cruise. food, entertainment and staff are great. no problems getting a drink, plenty of wait staff to take your orders. Usual problem with internet being slow, but have managed to check emails, FB etc. ( though we are both elite and have 500 minutes each. ). HAve already booked for the repositioning cruise next August Shanghai to Sydney

CHeers

Tanya

Sent from my iPad using Forums