? about Ship with No Steakhouse- Fascination

HawkIVette

No they will not have Steakhouse selections or preparations. The Steakhouse uses Prime beef, Maine Lobster, Fresh Sea Bass, a rack of lamb, Killer Lobster Bisque and an Onion soup which is nothing close to what is served in the MDR. The kitchen in the MDR does not have the equipment or staffing to duplicate the Steakhouse selections.

The Steakhouse entrees are $20 extra. On a rotating basis there will be lobster, various steaks and lamb. Know many who've enjoyed them onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they will not have Steakhouse selections or preparations. The Steakhouse uses Prime beef, Maine Lobster, Fresh Sea Bass, a rack of lamb, Killer Lobster Bisque and an Onion soup which is nothing close to what is served in the MDR. The kitchen in the MDR does not have the equipment or staffing to duplicate the Steakhouse selections.

This seems odd to me. I've seen Fascination menus and they have the steakhouse selections for the added cost. I can't imagine how the MDR wouldn't have pots, pans, stoves, etc.

This seems odd to me. I've seen Fascination menus and they have the steakhouse selections for the added cost. I can't imagine how the MDR wouldn't have pots, pans, stoves, etc.

You are exactly right. Some people just like to say nasty things about Carnival and the older ships. I don't understand how someone can't fix a steak. Or boil a lobster. The extra $20 you pay at the table gets you a better grade of steak or a better lobster.

I personally love the Fantasy class on Carnival. I have almost always had great food in the MDR, but now they allow you to the choice to have better quality of food-for a price. As low as prices are for the cruise, it is understandable that they cannot give you the top choice of beef or the best Maine lobster in the MDR. Inside cabin price is around $400 per person. Where can you EAT for 7 days breakfast, lunch and dinner for that price? I know many people get balconies or suites, but you still have to consider the lowest price on that ship. Try paying $400 for a week in a hotel and see what food that would get you!