Celebrity Summit - Aqua Class Room Selection

Marleycruiser

Amazing to see so many positive comments about deck 11 AQ cabins on M class. If you search the threads and the M class cabin spreadsheet on cruise critic there are many negative comments about noise from the new outdoor movie theatre above. It has scared me away from booking any of those cabins which we have previously enjoyed in the past prior to latest refurbishhments.

I had that same fear. We sailed in 1140 I believe it was (mid-way back ) on Infinity and had absolutely no issue with theater noise. Could we hear the movie when on our balcony? Yes, but it sounded fairly muffled and far away. Did not affect our enjoyment of it at all. I think perhaps in the beginning Celebrity needed some time to get the hang of how loud to keep the movies, but in our experience (on a couple cruises) it was not an issue any longer

Change to eleventh floor do not hesitate. We were in an aqua class summit on ninth floor and we had so much noise from above. Started in the morning and woke me up sounding like people running. Did investigation and it was below the buffet area and I'm not sure what was going on but I think people were running to grab food lol. ;p

OK so now I am on deck 11 and the prices continue to decrease (wish I would have waited longer as it looks like al Bermuda cruises out of NJ/NY have been slashed drastically).......

I am currently booked on a deck 11 Aqua stateroom with a Classic Beverage Package. Just looked today and I can upgrade to a suite guarantee for an extra $100l however I get unlimited internet and premium drink package (which we plan don upgrading nonetheless).... What are your thoughts?

I really liked the thought of deck 11 and the aqua class stateroom but we have never been in a suite so would deeply appreciate your insight.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

OK so now I am on deck 11 and the prices continue to decrease (wish I would have waited longer as it looks like al Bermuda cruises out of NJ/NY have been slashed drastically).......

I am currently booked on a deck 11 Aqua stateroom with a Classic Beverage Package. Just looked today and I can upgrade to a suite guarantee for an extra $100l however I get unlimited internet and premium drink package (which we plan don upgrading nonetheless).... What are your thoughts?

I really liked the thought of deck 11 and the aqua class stateroom but we have never been in a suite so would deeply appreciate your insight.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

I would further inquire about the extra perks being included in that upgrade to a suite.

Most times when there is a special perks aren't offered in the price. I seen a suite for a good price and called on it and was told that no perks were included at that price. I said that I thought that all suites got all four perks and was told no they don't, it is a promo that Celebrity offers and the special price doesn't include that promo.

If you can upgrade for $100 and get the perks go for it.

You get a larger cabin, luminae, and Michaels Club.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸

First%20morning%20Sunrise%20cabin%201139.jpg

Thank you very much for this image. So some AQ1 side balconies are larger, if only by a hair? The ones over the two buffet humps I imagine? That might be just enough to make for a great picture shoot.

If I'm counting correctly... 1102 1104 and then 1108 1110 1112 stick out, and their counterparts, no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much for this image. So some AQ1 side balconies are larger, if only by a hair? The ones over the two buffet humps I imagine? That might be just enough to make for a great picture shoot.

If I'm counting correctly... 1102 1104 and then 1108 1110 1112 stick out, and their counterparts, no?

Let me rethink this...

1102 out 1104 angled stern 1108 angled bow 1110 out 1112 angled stern 1116 angled bow 1118 out 1120 out 1122 angled stern. Does anyone have a good shot from deck 12?

My first pick would definitely be one of the aft if available!

So I did it, for an extra $100 I got a Suite guarantee on the Summit. I went from an Aqua Class Balcony room with $600 OBC + Classic Beverage Program.

For an extra $100, I got upgraded to a suite guarantee, prepaid gratuities, PREMIUM Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet, and $600 OBC......

This deal likely looks better on the surface than I actually got, because I had paid close to $3600 for a balcony that is now going for $2800 so take it with a grain of salt.

We stayed in 1138 aft on the Summit which was next to 1140 as you described. 1139 is the last aft cabin on the port side right next to the exit door to the ladder down.

Cabin%201139.jpg

We have 1138 for an August cruise in a few weeks. So, how was it?

We have 1138 for an August cruise in a few weeks. So, how was it?

Absolutely wonderful. Loved it better than 1139 Even booked another aft view cabin after that on an S class. Liked the M class better for the view.

Did you see the pictures I've posted of the pigeon the bartenders named Pina Colada who loved the balcony on 1138? Let me know if she's still there when you cruise in August. I heard she got off on the last cruise out of Bermuda but had been taking the free ride the whole season before that.

Absolutely wonderful. Loved it better than 1139 Even booked another aft view cabin after that on an S class. Liked the M class better for the view.

Did you see the pictures I've posted of the pigeon the bartenders named Pina Colada who loved the balcony on 1138? Let me know if she's still there when you cruise in August. I heard she got off on the last cruise out of Bermuda but had been taking the free ride the whole season before that.

Yes, can't wait to Pina Colada, if she's still there. Will definitely let you know! (Forgot you were the PC bird person :-))

Here's a panoramic pic of the view from 1138 docked in Bermuda last year. Fortunately we were docked bow to Breakaway.

IMG_1397_zpshrvxgz28.jpg

WOW! Can't wait to enjoy the view. Question: would you give up this room for a suite, if offered at a major deal? I am thinking...no!

WOW! Can't wait to enjoy the view. Question: would you give up this room for a suite, if offered at a major deal? I am thinking...no!

Depends upon where the suite is and what perks I already had versus what I'd get. I personally don't need a butler. I haven't had a suite so I really can't say until I tried it. What's more important to YOU? I booked this cabin for the view and Blu. So I probably wouldn't unless we were docked stern to Breakaway. Then it would become a no brainer. lol

Depends upon where the suite is and what perks I already had versus what I'd get. I personally don't need a butler. I haven't had a suite so I really can't say until I tried it. What's more important to YOU? I booked this cabin for the view and Blu. So I probably wouldn't unless we were docked stern to Breakaway. Then it would become a no brainer. lol

We booked this room for the view and Blu as well. Plus, we are travelling with two other couples in close proximity to 1138, and they have no desire to move. Next time, perhaps, when we are traveling solo, we might consider a suite. I am surprised to see how many A1 cabins remain for our Aug cruise. Suites are nearly 100% gone.