ms Volendam in Juneau June 16, 2017

Scrapnana

To end our dam viewing week we have Volendam coming to the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Disney Wonder (0600-1700) at the AJ dock and Seabourn Sojourn (0800-2200) at the AS dock (blocking our view:().

Weather forecast is for rain (100% chance) and a high of 51F/11C and a low of 46F/8C. Sunrise is 3:49 am and sunset at 10:05 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I thought I heard Sojourn talking about "clamshell door" for loading supplies. I guess they learned last time how to get access to both the pax and cargo hatches without all the pushing forwards and backwards like they did last week. I think Ryan is HAL's port agent and it appears he handles Seabourn as well.

Roy

I missed the sail in. I hope the weather gets better soon. Not a good day to be doing excursions. Oh well dress for the weather.

Allan

Volendam still south of Gastineau Channel, she's not scheduled for another hour and a half - though she should be in soon after the top of the hour.

I missed the sail in. I hope the weather gets better soon. Not a good day to be doing excursions. Oh well dress for the weather.

Allan

You haven't missed Volendam's sail in. She is just approaching the Gastineau channel. When the Sojourn arrived this morning we had great coverage; the zooms were so good I hadn't even realized she was at CT dock instead of AS. I hope the coverage will return as Volendam gets closer. The weather was nasty this morning but has gone downhill since.

Roy