MSC to Home Port in New York City 2018 or 19

cruiserking

• 1 month later...

We were on the Divina 3 years ago in a balcony and LOVED everything about MSC. Beautiful ship, great entertainers, we loved the food and the international crew and passengers. But it is definitely not your typical American cruise ship even though they have made changes to build their American base. My husband and I are sailing Yacht Club next weaken the Divina and have heard nothing but fabulous things of how they spoil you and attend to your every need and request! We're pretty low key so I doubt we'll be making use of our butler, but having all of the amenities in the busy summer months is very appealing to us. The pool area and hot tubs always look quiet and uncrowded, and there is a lot of dedicated space for YC passengers. Our family is booked for Seaside next summer (not sure if we're doing a 2bedroom/2bath suite or YC yet) and we would jump at the chance to sail from NYC. With a family of 5, that's a big savings on airfare!

Has anyone here cruised MSC yet? How was it? Anyone booked a Yacht Club Suite?

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

My husband and I are sailing Yacht Club next week on the Divina .........................Our family is booked for Seaside next summer (not sure if we're doing a 2bedroom/2bath suite or YC yet) ............

I've a funny feeling that your YC experience on Divina will decide that one for you! ;p

The cabins may be smaller - but the whole YC experience gives you so much more than having a more spacious cabin. Compare the 2 different experiences from Meraviglia reviews - chalk and cheese. I know which experience I was glad to have (YC - with a very nice size cabin, too!) :') I've never spent so little time in the cabin or on the balcony, before, so really, the cabin size and amenities were totally irrelevant. Just dining in the YC restaurant was a fantastic experience with great food and service (something that didn't seem to be the case for Aurea guests on Meraviglia). Then add in all the other great things, like a deluxe (premium) package, free mini-bar, free room service food, snacks in the Top Sail Lounge and pool deck, peace and quiet, etc, etc., that makes YC such a better choice than an Aurea "Suite" - with the basic drinks package and where you don't get anything like the exclusivity that YC offers.

Bea, I have no doubt but I'm so conflicted! We're not sure if my 16 year old step-son will be joining us or not. If he does, I think a regular YC suite will be a bit tight with 2 16 year olds (boy/girl), a 12 year old, and the two of us. But I really really want YC! I can't wait to experience it next week :-)

Bea, I have no doubt but I'm so conflicted! We're not sure if my 16 year old step-son will be joining us or not. If he does, I think a regular YC suite will be a bit tight with 2 16 year olds (boy/girl), a 12 year old, and the two of us. But I really really want YC! I can't wait to experience it next week :-)

I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did recently. I've yet to read a negative review of YC.

I can understand, however, how a YC cabin might not suit your family size. It would be a bit of a squeeze, alright!

Thanks for your post Proseccoandsun. I have read a lot of raves about the Yacht Club and seen all the youtube videos, it looks pretty grand.

The best part is the ability to cruise from New York. We love Royal Caribbean but, it's really nice to have some other options too.

Jonathan

Thanks for your post Proseccoandsun. I have read a lot of raves about the Yacht Club and seen all the youtube videos, it looks pretty grand.

The best part is the ability to cruise from New York. We love Royal Caribbean but, it's really nice to have some other options too.

Jonathan

We were in Divina YC in March and loved it. It IS pretty grand.

I really, really hope that MSC comes to NYC(not NJ). I love taking cruise from NYC port, for the past few years I have gone with NCL(Gem, Breakaway) and enjoyed them.

Would very much like to try MSC.

Agree. We mostly cruise from New Jersey and Brooklyn but, nothing beats the sail away from Manhattan.

Jonathan