Can i bring corkscrew onboard for our wine??

kajanboy365

thanks for info. no need to fly, we live down river about 5 miles from the port. im at work now and the DREAM should be passing by me around 4:30-5:30pm going down river. yes i can see DREAM pass every week. thanks again

And if you're like me and totally forget to pack it you can get one from your room steward. Or any bar will open the bottle for you. You won't be stuck with a bottle you can't open.

Yes indeed! ;p

Hey beachbum, if you have someone at a bar open it, will they try to charge the corkage fee, or is that only if you're in the dining room? Just wondering in case I forget my corkscrew next time.

Bars will not charge you, the dinning room will.

Be aware that the dinning room might charge you if you bring the bottle in open.. Even if they don't have to open it for you. A corkage fee is not to un-cork your bottle, it is to allow you to have a bottle that you provided. While it seems counter intuitive, it was created to allow guests to bring something they like to fancy restaurants and still provide a fee back to the staff for managing the wine service during that meal.

If you just pour your wine before you go to the dinning room into wine glasses, you will be fine. Also if you buy wine that they sell on board, you will be fine, as the dining staff would not be able to tell where that bottle came from.

I have a bag from Publix that has dividers in it for four bottles, so I bring two bottles, a corkscrew and a couple plastic wine glasses. Carry on and have never had a problem. Once the corkscrew broke and I took the bottle to a bar and they opened it free of charge.

Bars will not charge you, the dinning room will.

Be aware that the dinning room might charge you if you bring the bottle in open.. Even if they don't have to open it for you. A corkage fee is not to un-cork your bottle, it is to allow you to have a bottle that you provided. While it seems counter intuitive, it was created to allow guests to bring something they like to fancy restaurants and still provide a fee back to the staff for managing the wine service during that meal.

If you just pour your wine before you go to the dinning room into wine glasses, you will be fine. Also if you buy wine that they sell on board, you will be fine, as the dining staff would not be able to tell where that bottle came from.

A bar tried to charge me. I'd bought a cheap $5 bottle of wine and was surprised the darn thing had a cork instead of a screw top!

Room service will also have one.

Separate issue--I had a bottle of champagne I couldn't open as I had a sore on my thumb and couldn't push the cork. I asked the steward and it soon became obvious he'd never opened one before. He aimed it in the face of his attendant! I hollered NO! and explained how to do it.

Luckily no one was injured!