Loyalty Credit

TM

The most traveled luncheon/cocktail is usually for the top 40 - did this change?

On cruises under 7 days they only invite the top 10 couples (20 people) to the function.

7 days trips or more it's the top 20 couples (40 people).

I've always heard that it the passengers could be Elite, Platinum or Gold depending on who's on board at that time.

Who knows, they may have changed that as well.

I have heard that if there are not 40 people among the Elites that they do not go to the Platinums any longer. That may be why there were 30 on some cruise.

We are going to Alaska next year. Staying in a WS so will get 2 cruise credits at end of cruise. They will be credit # 15 and 16 which means we will turn Elite at end of cruise because credits are not given til end of cruise. If there are not 40 Elites I don't expect to be invited.

Do you happen to know what the cutoff was for the over 40 function? Also what ship was it?

It was the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise. Not sure of cut off for top 40 but we had a little over 200 elites. #1 was mid 800, #2 was 739 (DH) and #3 was around 720 but closer to 800 if they had had their P&O days counted.

A couple of cruises ago it was both my 50th cruise and 75th cruise credit and I got a lot of the perks. On my TA in Sept I board the ship with 498 days. Will I get anything extra for passing 500 days on that cruise?

I like to hear about all the cutoff numbers on different trips always hoping that we'll make it to the luncheon or party. It gives me a glimmer of hope, if nothing else.

I've never heard of the top 30. :confused:

On shorter cruises they had the top 10 but 30? That's a new one for me.

Maybe some day we'll actually qualify for one of those glass plaques.;)

No more glass plaques after the current supply runs out. Some type of trinket box will be given instead. We had a choice of about 3 different glass plaques on our British Isles cruise. British Isles was not a choice so we chose the one - Pacific Islands - which was our first Princess cruise in 2004.

A couple of cruises ago it was both my 50th cruise and 75th cruise credit and I got a lot of the perks. On my TA in Sept I board the ship with 498 days. Will I get anything extra for passing 500 days on that cruise?

Come back and post what happens.

I have heard that if there are not 40 people among the Elites that they do not go to the Platinums any longer. That may be why there were 30 on some cruise.

We are going to Alaska next year. Staying in a WS so will get 2 cruise credits at end of cruise. They will be credit # 15 and 16 which means we will turn Elite at end of cruise because credits are not given til end of cruise. If there are not 40 Elites I don't expect to be invited.

Another cutback they prefer not to announce to their loyal customers. :mad::mad:

No more glass plaques after the current supply runs out. Some type of trinket box will be given instead. We had a choice of about 3 different glass plaques on our British Isles cruise. British Isles was not a choice so we chose the one - Pacific Islands - which was our first Princess cruise in 2004.

And yet another cutback. :mad:

It won't be long before the good luncheon is gone & they only serve a meal to the select people in the dining room.

Another cutback they prefer not to announce to their loyal customers. :mad::mad:

And yet another cutback. :mad:

I just threw out a pile of them.

What am I going to do -- display them in my home to show how self important I think I am?

I'll never reach such lofty levels to make the Top 3 passengers but maybe daily breakfast at Sabatini's would be better for them.

So many have repeatedly received the Top 3 plaques & a trinket box is even worse. Adding a maximum of 6 passengers (based on couples) to the Sabatini's breakfast wouldn't cost Princess much nor would it result in overcrowding.

I'll never reach such lofty levels to make the Top 3 passengers but maybe daily breakfast at Sabatini's would be better for them.

So many have repeatedly received the Top 3 plaques & a trinket box is even worse. Adding a maximum of 6 passengers (based on couples) to the Sabatini's breakfast wouldn't cost Princess much nor would it result in overcrowding.

On the days that we went into Sabatini's for breakfast - granted we arrived around 7:30am - the most we ever saw were 3 other couples. The place looked deserted. Besides the head waiter, there were always three waiters plus the cook(s).

She did say that after the Medallion came out there would not be invitations sent out for the Captain Circle Party as it would be on your Medallion. ..... Also, had the bridge invite for the 750th day cruise. Captain told us that everyone would input all their personal data into their computers before leaving home and it would magically appear in your Medallion.

To clarify, nothing is in your Medallion except a reference number to your information on the ship's computer.

So for someone to learn about the invite to the Captain' Circle Party, he/she would have to go to a digital display device (their own or one of many on the ship) and somehow look up the invitation. And if the invitations are not set up before the cruise starts, one might have to check daily to see when the invitation shows up.

To clarify, nothing is in your Medallion except a reference number to your information on the ship's computer.

So for someone to learn about the invite to the Captain' Circle Party, he/she would have to go to a digital display device (their own or one of many on the ship) and somehow look up the invitation. And if the invitations are not set up before the cruise starts, one might have to check daily to see when the invitation shows up.

She nor the Captain didn't explain how things would actually work just what it was supposed to do. On the Caribbean Princess they already have this gold colored squarish plate on the wall above each of the mail slots outside the cabin door. Asked our Steward what it was for and he said it was part of the Medallion upgrade put in during drydock.

It's an OBC that's issued by the onboard Captain's Circle rep & there's a card in your cabin showing the amount that is credited to your onboard folio.

Here are the levels which isn't listed anywhere I can find on the Princess website:

Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

These amounts have not increased ever.

It's too bad they don't go up as fast as the hotel charge!

BTW, the loyalty bonus is mentioned on page 36 of this pdf:

http://www.princess.com/pdf/academy/courses/Course-2.pdf

Although, not the breakdown.

Also of note, if you and your cabin mate each have the number of cruises to qualify for this credit, it is my understanding that you will each get it if your last names are different . If they are the same (as in husband and wife), you will only receive one credit. This is what I have gleaned from this forum, anyway.

And ... it doesn't seem to be posted anywhere on Princess's website ... it's just a surprise gift. So while others may say that isn't fair that married couples get only one credit ... I never look a gift horse in the mouth and so am happy to receive any little extras.

I cruise with my mother, we have the same last name, but we both get the extra OBC. We do live at different addresses though, not sure whether that makes a difference.

• 5 years later...