how to get more info about ship excursion

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked, but I did not see an answer on my search.

I am looking into ship excursions, but the detail available on the cruise planner is limited. On other posts here I see they are able to identify in advance the contractors that the ship uses- how do you find this information? For example, I booked a ship scuba excursion for Bonaire but I would like to know who they use for this so I can ask more questions.

Thanks!

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked, but I did not see an answer on my search.

I am looking into ship excursions, but the detail available on the cruise planner is limited. On other posts here I see they are able to identify in advance the contractors that the ship uses- how do you find this information? For example, I booked a ship scuba excursion for Bonaire but I would like to know who they use for this so I can ask more questions.

Thanks!

The only way to find out is by word of mouth here on on other sites. For Example, Royal has been using Stuart Cove's in Nassau for awhile, but they don't give that information. This allows them to change vendors at the last minute and I have seen them do this frequently. Most of the time it is the vendor who gives them the best profit margin. I know you said Bonaire, but using this as an example many people will go around Royal and get a better deal with the vendor directly. Royal tried to shut that down, but was less than successful. Speaking of Bonaire, I had real good luck with VIP diving back in May.

Edited by BillOh
typos

Thanks everyone I will look into roll call posts! Thanks for the email add too Bob.

@BillOH - I inquired with VIP diving too- however, the scuba excursion went on sale during this last cruise planner sale and was only $134 for 2-tank dive with rental- seemed too good to pass up!

Interestingly, I inquired with several operators, and Buddy Dive replied to me that they are "working together with the ship" and to inquire with the activity desk. Does that mean they are contracted with Royal? I tried to ask specifically but they would not give more info except to ask the activity desk. Hopeful it means they are the operators as I have read good things about them.