Dinner Reservations

kprestidge07

They'll likely put you with others on a 8 or 10 top. Part of the fun of cruising is to meet and chat with your fellow passengers. You maybe able to change to a smaller table if you talk to the maitre d as soon as you board.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You can always be alone, no problems. We personally find it very odd to sit with people we don't know for dinner, so we always sit by ourselves. Just tell them you want a table for 2 and you'll be good to go. :)

I always request a table for just our family of 3 now. We've been at the larger tables in the past and do not enjoy eating with random people.

I can have fun and meet people during the other parts of the day, I don't have to be stuck eating with them.

If you are concerned about it, you can always change your booking to anytime dining and just show up early. That is what the wife and I always do. You can still get a "table with strangers" in anytime dining, but the Maitre-D will ask if it is ok first.

On the Glory a few weeks ago, we were sitting at an 8 top table, 3 couples already seated, when the 4th couple shows up late and the woman says "You've got to be kidding me." While we wondered what that statement was about, she said that this was her 3rd or 4th cruise and she expected to be seated at a table for two. We encouraged her to ask the maitre'd and thankfully never saw them again for the rest of the cruise.

Oh wow! I would never be rude about it! I enjoy meeting new people if it was all couples, it would be fine but I think sitting with a family of 5, would be kind of awkward, like we're the black sheep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you have traditional dining, you very well could get put with other people. You can't simply show up and "request a table for 2". You will need to have YTD for that.

Carnival does not have the option of selecting dining room table size on your booking like other cruise lines do, so you're at the mercy of the MatireD doing dining assignments. Go check it out upon embarkation and If you are unhappy with your table, see if you can switch. Look in the Fun Times for where and when they are taking dining change requests.

I've always been able to score a table for just our party (varying sizes of 2-3 each time), but I go to the dining room literally first thing when we board. I know some people on cruises like to meet and chat with other people, but that is absolutely 100% not my bag.

Traditional dining is meant to be at the large shared tables. Not sure if a table for two is an option or not. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sit by yourselves but would recommend changing to anytime dining or waitlisting for it if that's not an option.

Traditional dining is old style cruise dining. Show up at the same time every night. Same table and wait staff every night. Usually the tables are large and shared. Vs anytime dining which is like going to a restaurant at home. Show up when you like, ask for a table for two, if many people show up at the same time there may be a short wait.

We (Wife & I) have been seated at an 8 top (4 couples), a 4 top, (1 other couple) and at a 11 top ( 2 other couples with our group of 7) before. So you may get any different option under the sun. However, if you don't like your seating assigned, I suggest you change to Your Time Dining.

At YTD, you just go to dinner anytime between 5:45 and 9:15 and get a table for your group. We have done that lately and gone around 6:00 (regular time of Early Dining) and never had a problem getting seated right away at our own table.

Traditional dining is meant to be at the large shared tables. Not sure if a table for two is an option or not. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sit by yourselves but would recommend changing to anytime dining or waitlisting for it if that's not an option.

Traditional dining is old style cruise dining. Show up at the same time every night. Same table and wait staff every night. Usually the tables are large and shared. Vs anytime dining which is like going to a restaurant at home. Show up when you like, ask for a table for two, if many people show up at the same time there may be a short wait.

Tables for 2 during traditional dining are most certainly an option. They do exist, but there aren't as many as the larger ones.