Vietnam Visa

Glasgow Jim

We did the 3 stop in Vietnam on Millenium just over a year ago. No visas required for a UK passport, as I recall they have some sort of waiver agreement.

We did have to hand over passport to Celebrity on day one and they registered them. Got them back next day and Vietnamese immigration was a straightforward walk off, walk on. No fees charged by Celebrity either.

Talking to some American friends on the cruise, there were charges for US passport holders though.

We did three stops in Vietnam in March of this year. We have US passports. Celebrity handled everything. We were charged $6 each to our shipboard account. No advance visa was required. We sailed from Singapore.

I have been researching getting a Vietnam Visa for awhile and have received many different opinions. The following is a quote from The Vietnam Consulate in Houston, Texas:

Hi, sorry for late replying. That mean you just entry to Vietnam and travelling around Vietnam, right?, so you need single entry only.

Welcome to Vietnam!!!

If you bearing America Passport, just send us a copy of Passport + 2 pictures + Application form (you can find it on website) + money order (160$ for both), we will issue loose leaf visa for you.

Send to: Vietnam consulate in Houston, 5251 Westheimer Rd, Suite 1100, Houston, TX 77056. (+ including return envelope - fedex is better), we will send you back.

Thank you!

I told the consulate we would be visiting 3 different ports and staying in one overnight. His response is above. When I spoke to the providers for a visa on the Celebrity Millenium, they quoted approximately $155 per person for a visa with an overnight stay saying we need a multiple entry visa.

I can't understand how there are so many different responses to the same question. My husband and I are travelling in December and will purchase a single entry visa for each of us and hope for the best.

Yes, I share your frustration. As a GB passport holder a visa is only required for multiple entry. According to the embassy it depends if ship returns to international waters between ports. Only the cruise line will know that. I disparity

Regards

March 2017 - US passport holders. Ship charged us $6/person for a landing card which was issued before our first VN port and collected at the last. VN police stamped it at the first port. We did not overnight at a hotel in VN (Hanoi), but rather did Halong Bay cruise on the half-day (arrival at noon) and then a full day to Hanoi. It was a three-hour one way drive to Hanoi from Halong Bay. Total of six hours in transit for a three-hour tour. Not sure it was worth it, but certainly would not pay $160 each for a VN visa if that was required to overnight in Hanoi.

My husband and I are travelling in December and will purchase a single entry visa for each of us and hope for the best.

As others have posted, the ship will take care of your visa needs for Viet Nam.

Do not purchase any visa for Viet Nam in advance.

November 2016 US passports. Stayed overnight on a junk in Ha Long. Ship initially said would cost us $140 per person because of the overnight; but when we later checked our account, they only charged us about $30. By the way, take along an extra passport photo so you don't have to buy one on board.

In 2015, we had the same unanswered questions. We stopped at three ports in Vietnam and Celebrity took care of everything. You were issued a landing card to show to authorities. Photo attached. Celebrity retained our passports onboard. Charge was minimal.

Mike in Ohio

1270171116_AsiaTrip0711d.jpg.1473908a4dabd9bd585703631f6d2630.jpg