Which cruiseline?

Vlf46728

My son and I have been on Disney and MSC. Want to cruise the Caribbean next summer but looks like the best prices and itinerary are on Carnival and I have heard so many horror stories about them. Comments?

Carnival is a good value...they are no longer "party ships"...at least, not longer cruises. ANY cruise line will have their "fair share" of partiers on a 3-4 nighter...it's simply the "nature of the beast".

Don't be afraid of Carnival...it provides a good product at a decent price. They are more similar than different to RCI, and NCL. No worries.

My son and I have been on Disney and MSC. Want to cruise the Caribbean next summer but looks like the best prices and itinerary are on Carnival and I have heard so many horror stories about them. Comments?

Cruising is one of the best examples of "you get what you pay for."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't cruised with CCL since 2012 but have done many cruises with them, always 7 days minimum. In terms of ships I would recommend you look at The Breeze, the last CCL ship I was on or perhaps the newest, which I think is the Vista, even though I haven't been on it.

Also you might take a look at RCCL that you might like even better in terms of activities your son might enjoy.

Carnival isn't bad. We cruises on them a few years ago. We really enjoy the evening shows and that's where carnival lacks the most. So between that and more cruise lines including the beverage package we feel like we get more bang for our buck on other lines. But if you are looking for a budget cruise carnival is perfectly fine. Night and day from Disney though based on what I've heard about Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums