Cozamel Activities

mommag3boys

Hey cruisers. The hubby and I have a cruise in 8 days (woohoo) and I've come to realize I have no clue what to do in Cozumel. We have an excursion from 12 to 3 (Mayans Ruins for the hubby) and are at port till 8pm. Any suggestions on places to go? Wed love to stop and have some drinks somewhere and maybe a bite to eat. I've read about Mr Sanchos but it says online it closes at 5pm so I don't really think it's worth it.

Any suggestions? I was thinking Senior Frogs but that's because I know of nothing else!

Edited by mommag3boys

Agree Ponchos Backyard gets my vote....excellent service the best top shelf margaritas and quacamole chips and salsa. Oh yes and a great view.

Cheers and happy cruising.

I love Pancho's backyard.... there is one downtown and one at the pier that Carnival tends to use...

The one downtown has a lovely vibe, and is literally in the backyard of a few shops... very fun and great food. the one at the port area has the same great drinks and food, so you just miss out on the atmosphere, though it is still good.

If you sign up ahead of time you can get a free Margarita, on their website ( though last time it took a few days for the coupon to come through).

Hope you all have a great time where ever you end up!

Hey cruisers. The hubby and I have a cruise in 8 days (woohoo) and I've come to realize I have no clue what to do in Cozumel. We have an excursion from 12 to 3 (Mayans Ruins for the hubby) and are at port till 8pm. Any suggestions on places to go? Wed love to stop and have some drinks somewhere and maybe a bite to eat. I've read about Mr Sanchos but it says online it closes at 5pm so I don't really think it's worth it.

Any suggestions? I was thinking Senior Frogs but that's because I know of nothing else!

Hi there

Seeing that your excursion is only 3 hrs., I guess you are going to the San Gervasio ruins on Cozumel. Since you are in port for a fairly extended time, you could consider seeing the Tulum ruins. They are nicer but you do have more travel time since they are on the mainland. Beside it being a more interesting site (and tour), it would fill out your day some more.

I know Carnival would offer a tour there, but if you feel comfortable it is certainly a tour that you could do on your own and allow time for some shopping in Playa Del Carmen before taking the ferry back to Cozumel. The ferries run on the hour every hour and takes 45 min. each way.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Jeanie's on the Beach is a bar/restaurant serving great drinks and excellent Mexican food at great prices. Great waterfront location and excellent service. Check out their website. It is close to downtown Cozumel but not as loud as some of the other places. This is a a great stop to go to after your excursion. Enjoy Cozumel.

Jeanie's on the Beach is a bar/restaurant serving great drinks and excellent Mexican food at great prices. Great waterfront location and excellent service. Check out their website. It is close to downtown Cozumel but not as loud as some of the other places. This is a a great stop to go to after your excursion. Enjoy Cozumel.

I forgot about Jeanie's. Nice view there