Do you pick a room close to a public restroom?

Peachypooh

One day I was talking to my sister and lamenting that the cost of cabins with 1 1/2or 2 bathrooms are getting extremely high and sailing with my family and having just 1 bathroom can be difficult. She said that she picks ships/cabins where she is close to the public restroom. I never thought of that. I have also heard of people showering in the gym area? How does that work. Thanks. I once took her advice and booked a cabin close to the stairs that had a restroom upstairs (being careful not to be directly under it).Any experience with this?

Well they are OK for using the toilet but not for anything else. There are no public ones on the decks we choose to sail on. Yes there are showers in the gym area but on the bigger ship I've found the showers were in the spa rather than gym and without a dog me,bears hip hard to get into. Which ship are you looking at and we could be a bit more specific.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well they are OK for using the toilet but not for anything else. There are no public ones on the decks we choose to sail on. Yes there are showers in the gym area but on the bigger ship I've found the showers were in the spa rather than gym and without a dog me,bears hip hard to get into. Which ship are you looking at and we could be a bit more specific.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Jewell class ships. We lucked out in the past and got decent prices for the cabins with more than one bathroom but they are out of our reach now. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Never thought of that. I know some folks do the public bathroom or spa to supplement their cabin bathroom.

Reminds me of a story. On a recent cruise, we were departing a bit later - more like 9 or 9:30 and had left our cabin, like everyone else. Needed to take care of morning business and found that bathrooms all over the ship were "busy". Eventually found a stall... but....

that's just odd. are you envisioning doing things like brushing your teeth in the public restroom?

i know some use the showers in the Spa, but that's usually after a morning workout so they are in that area anyway. i would find it odd to walk in my bathrobe to the spa just to shower.

that's just odd. are you envisioning doing things like brushing your teeth in the public restroom?

i know some use the showers in the Spa, but that's usually after a morning workout so they are in that area anyway. i would find it odd to walk in my bathrobe to the spa just to shower.

What I am thinking is that if one of the adults is showering and one of the school aged children needs to go to the bathroom to take them there. No tooth brushing or anything like that.

I always poo in public areas. If you clog your state room toilet, then you are boned.

I love that a poster named Farts is commenting about clogged toilets...just seems fitting hehe

random spa shower story.....Our shower wasn't working when we did the Escape inaugural TA, so we had to shower in the spa. We were in a spa suite, and even though we had a private entrancement to the spa, and we were the room closest to that entrancement, it was still a bit awkward carrying all of our shower stuff and clothes. Plus, the glass separating the two showers in the Escape Spa was perfectly clear, no frosting or anything, so if you didn't know the person showering next to you that also could've been a bit awkward lol

What I am thinking is that if one of the adults is showering and one of the school aged children needs to go to the bathroom to take them there. No tooth brushing or anything like that.

Exactly when someone is using the cabin bathroom going to a public restroom is a good option for others in the cabin.

Finding a very close to your cabin public restroom is not likely ... but it's good to know where the closest one is. (y)

I love that a poster named Farts is commenting about clogged toilets...just seems fitting hehe

random spa shower story.....Our shower wasn't working when we did the Escape inaugural TA, so we had to shower in the spa. We were in a spa suite, and even though we had a private entrancement to the spa, and we were the room closest to that entrancement, it was still a bit awkward carrying all of our shower stuff and clothes. Plus, the glass separating the two showers in the Escape Spa was perfectly clear, no frosting or anything, so if you didn't know the person showering next to you that also could've been a bit awkward lol

HA! I am glad you enjoy the lighthearted humor. Honestly, I am surprised they let me create this handle.

That would be weird to shower w/ clear glass.

But for real. clogged toilets are so gross in the cabin. The worker will come in and try to fix it...then the toilet overflows...and they walking around the bathroom with toilet water on their boots...then they walking on the carpet in your small room with wet toilet water :eek:. We had to move to a different room. After we moved out of the room, they ended up having to steam the carpets.....and then I started clogging the public bathrooms too :')

Take my advice. Use public restrooms to take your dumps